"So mistletoe, in fact, symbolises mistletoe?"
And what am I supposed to do with a Facebook account anyway? I signed up for both Myspace and Friendster, but both are dead dead dead. Don't see the point really, though some people have been telling me that Facebook is teh kewl.
Personally though, I would prefer to poke people in the flesh than do it through some networking site. Where's the fun in poking people with the click of a mouse? You can't hear the screams/laughter/inane indignation, and all this networking business...friend here, friend there...message here, message there...LOLZ, HUGZ AND KISSES...ahem.
Yeah, you'd be going - "Are you anti-social or what?"
And I'd say - "Er, what?"
And you'd say - "You're supposed to click around, meet new people, make friends, have fun!"
And I'd say - "What fun?"
Oh yeaaaahhh. How fun.
And there's that sarcasm coming out again, as though it's going to make any impact whatsoever in our current networking-obsessed Internet society. I prefer blogs. Blogs are nice. Less pictures and more talking anyway, and you'll get to know people better through their writing. Profiles seem...dead somehow, little bits of information anyone can lie about to present a better, cooler, and more attractive personality to the other people in the network who could have possibly lied in their profiles to present a better, cooler...well you get the idea.
Yeah, yeah, I can almost hear you think - "Eh this Yeen Lynn so boring wan. Facebook pun dowan, Friendster pun dowan, Myspace pun dowan - every day blog blog blog oni, I also bored reading her posts, she got no life wan meh?"
Yes, I do have a life, but it doesn't involve meeting friends online. I'd be happier to get to know you in the flesh (or alternatively, through MSN), hear your views, speak to you, and generally find out more about you. You can fake your entire profile, innit, it's so easy, but try faking blog posts every single day or week. Besides, reading your blog gives me a better idea of what you're interested in, and the hundred single things you do every day. Your complete list of songsyou love absolutely from the bottom of your endless heart for the month would not give that clear a picture...not by much, anyway.
Ah yes, I'm the party pooper to dampen all the festivities. And I signed up for Facebook all because of this, because I didn't believe the creator that the group even existed. Join up if you like...it's open to everyone kan. Go ahead, you know you want to.
And you'd say - "Hey Facebook's a cool idea, what do you have against it?"
And I'd say - "Not much, but I think it's a bit of a dud."
And you'd say - "But you'll have the chance to get to know people around the world!"
And I'd say - "Blogs have the same function too, right?"
And you'd say - "But Facebooking is less hassle! Besides, you can poke people, and do whatever it is that people do who spend their days on Facebook!"
And I'd say - "But I don't want to do those things!"
And you'd say - "I thought I knew you!"
And I'd say - "You take the high road, and I'll take my road. I'll do it my way. Hah!"
And you'd say - "Geek! Neeeeeeerd!"
And I'd say - "Whatevaaaaaaaaaaa!"
And you'd say - "Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh! I'm so much cooooler!"
And I'd say - "Whateveeeeeeerrrrrrrr!"
And you'd say - "Boooooooring!"
And I'd say - "Wait, what is going on here?" *slap*
And you'd say - *massive ten-fingered poke*
And I'd say - "Ha, TAKE THAT!" *bitchslap*
And you'd say - "Ne-VAH!" *chopping kick*
And I'd say - "You can run, but you can't hide!" *takes Hairy Putter and the Order of the Phoenix and whacks head*
And you'd say - "Aaargh my eyes, MY EYES!"
And I'd say - *ten-fingered ten-toed poke!*
And you'd say - "Waaaaah mummeeeeeee!"
And I'd say - "LOLZ! YOU GOT PWNED!"
Me - 1. Everyone else - 0.
Is this lame or what?
*GARGANTUAN SLAP*
WHATEVER.
Personally though, I would prefer to poke people in the flesh than do it through some networking site. Where's the fun in poking people with the click of a mouse? You can't hear the screams/laughter/inane indignation, and all this networking business...friend here, friend there...message here, message there...LOLZ, HUGZ AND KISSES...ahem.
Yeah, you'd be going - "Are you anti-social or what?"
And I'd say - "Er, what?"
And you'd say - "You're supposed to click around, meet new people, make friends, have fun!"
And I'd say - "What fun?"
Oh yeaaaahhh. How fun.
And there's that sarcasm coming out again, as though it's going to make any impact whatsoever in our current networking-obsessed Internet society. I prefer blogs. Blogs are nice. Less pictures and more talking anyway, and you'll get to know people better through their writing. Profiles seem...dead somehow, little bits of information anyone can lie about to present a better, cooler, and more attractive personality to the other people in the network who could have possibly lied in their profiles to present a better, cooler...well you get the idea.
Yeah, yeah, I can almost hear you think - "Eh this Yeen Lynn so boring wan. Facebook pun dowan, Friendster pun dowan, Myspace pun dowan - every day blog blog blog oni, I also bored reading her posts, she got no life wan meh?"
Yes, I do have a life, but it doesn't involve meeting friends online. I'd be happier to get to know you in the flesh (or alternatively, through MSN), hear your views, speak to you, and generally find out more about you. You can fake your entire profile, innit, it's so easy, but try faking blog posts every single day or week. Besides, reading your blog gives me a better idea of what you're interested in, and the hundred single things you do every day. Your complete list of songs
Ah yes, I'm the party pooper to dampen all the festivities. And I signed up for Facebook all because of this, because I didn't believe the creator that the group even existed. Join up if you like...it's open to everyone kan. Go ahead, you know you want to.
And you'd say - "Hey Facebook's a cool idea, what do you have against it?"
And I'd say - "Not much, but I think it's a bit of a dud."
And you'd say - "But you'll have the chance to get to know people around the world!"
And I'd say - "Blogs have the same function too, right?"
And you'd say - "But Facebooking is less hassle! Besides, you can poke people, and do whatever it is that people do who spend their days on Facebook!"
And I'd say - "But I don't want to do those things!"
And you'd say - "I thought I knew you!"
And I'd say - "You take the high road, and I'll take my road. I'll do it my way. Hah!"
And you'd say - "Geek! Neeeeeeerd!"
And I'd say - "Whatevaaaaaaaaaaa!"
And you'd say - "Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh! I'm so much cooooler!"
And I'd say - "Whateveeeeeeerrrrrrrr!"
And you'd say - "Boooooooring!"
And I'd say - "Wait, what is going on here?" *slap*
And you'd say - *massive ten-fingered poke*
And I'd say - "Ha, TAKE THAT!" *bitchslap*
And you'd say - "Ne-VAH!" *chopping kick*
And I'd say - "You can run, but you can't hide!" *takes Hairy Putter and the Order of the Phoenix and whacks head*
And you'd say - "Aaargh my eyes, MY EYES!"
And I'd say - *ten-fingered ten-toed poke!*
And you'd say - "Waaaaah mummeeeeeee!"
And I'd say - "LOLZ! YOU GOT PWNED!"
Me - 1. Everyone else - 0.
Is this lame or what?
*GARGANTUAN SLAP*
WHATEVER.

5 Comments:
Hullo Yeen Lynn!
Golly. I guess we're kinda the same when it comes to friendster. I pretty much dont add anyone. Unless they do it first. Only reason I got into it was to keep in touch with my PASUM mates.
Otherwise, it bores me.
I do like the idea of chatting face to face. It's the best way to study a person. Although, there's always the initial discomfort... maybe writing's the best still.
i miss your stories now..... =(
the one i only read is the story about the monsieur something...
a guy and a girl escape from the people...and then the guy jumped of from the building cos tak tahan from being hunted by the kidnappist.
and the girl was rescued by some underground society, who eventually helped the girl to take revenge againt the rapist....
something like that... i just couldnt remember the title....
get what i mean? =)
Hey Ameera! =)
I'm still not sure what to do with my Friendster and Facebook accounts too :P I think I signed up just to join the crowd, see what's so fun about it...
Yeah, the chatting face to face thing XD I always get awkward, always. Guess writing is better in some ways...
Lim Jia Yi! =D
Heh, that one was years ago...erm, actually I don't know what I did to it...somewhere around I think...
I'm still writing, just not posting it online :P er...shy lah! ^_^
har~!
OPS~ i actually typed "rapist"..shoud be "kidnappist"...blur betul...
anyway.. if don't post it online... send me the word document then!!!! i enjoy reading your story!!! ^^
it's crazy but i prefer writing more and more now too. but talking face to face u get to read people better which i love....haha....
steph
ps. do u want an original dvd of amelie? bcoz i saw it selling for 3 or 4 pds at tesco but was wondering whether that might be too expensive? lemme know if u want it
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home