Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I LIKE THEM.

DARK ENCHANTMENTS. I LIKE THEM.

Finished Pratchett's Reaper Man. Right. The review, as usual.

Things I Liked

1. the idea of life force

2. Death!

3. Death trying to be human, e.g. Bill Door

4. breeding cities! SALE! SALE!! EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!

5. Windle Poons, who's supposed to be dead, being more alive than he was when he was...alive

6. Death of Rats! SQUEAK! EEK IK SQUEAK!

7. the wizards of Unseen University! Yo yo yo!

8. more Bursaaaaaaaaar!

9. more Mustrum Ridcully!

10. Renata Flitworth - thought it was so sweet of Death...ahem ;) don't want to ruin it

11. IT'S DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things I Didn't Like

1. It ended too early.

2. the Auditors

Very nice. 9/10. And the whole idea of making Death into a personality you can sympathize with - genius. Ahahaha. Binky. Scythe. Black robes. And his bafflement at the idea of humanity.

As expected, this book also ponders on the questions of life and death...even introduces the idea of the one Death of the Universe, the Death of all Deaths, Azrael -

- Asriel...

Waitaminute. Holdit. Don't tell me -

Wargh. Never mind.

I've got lots of Accounts to do. Joy, believe me.

Reading A. S. Byatt's Possession now. Something different from other books I've read, definitely.

Right. Heigh-ho off I go to more Accounts.

I'm glad I'm not taking Accounts...er right. Homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home