Friday, October 05, 2007

I should be right...mathematically, logically...terrifically

See, things don't have to make sense all the time.

Because if they did, what would we do then in our spare time, time that would normally be used to ponder and wrestle over the mysteries of Things That Do Not Make Sense?

There are Things That Don't Make Sense, and Things That Shouldn't Make Sense But Do.
Things That Don't Make Sense include:


1. me blogging the night before an important exam
2. James McAvoy being so hot
3. why my sister has to fall for every minimally hot Asian guy onscreen
4. Matt Bellamy's genius

Things That Shouldn't Make Sense But Do are such as:

1. me trying to write stupid (vaguely but failing to sound philosophical) posts about Things That - well anyway, blogging before an important day
2. why a + b will always equal a + b when they are, in fact, just letters in the alphabet and they can easily equal to x + y
3. why roti canai always end up in some vaguely roundish shape, even when the maker tried to make it square/ rectangular/ not round
4. my unfortunate sense of humour
5. why there must always be someone waiting with me at the bus stop before the bus FINALLY arrives

That #5 there - it's true. On days when there are people waiting at the stop before me, the bus always magically appears, while on days that there aren't, I'll have to wait for half an hour while people in vehicles passing by stare at me.

I think it could be proven through some statistical/ probability thingy...not that I would know what to do. But for some reason, the buses always arrive before the hour or half-hour mark, like say, 2. 55 or 2. 25.

Right.

I shouldn't say that "I have run out of ideas".

I should really say -

"Ideas have run out on me."

Tricky little blighters.

There's no knowing what havoc they'll do.

And they always arrive at the worst time. Especially in Accounts class when I'm trying not to fall asleep...or the time before I fall asleep, during which I would be too arsed to get up to write it down. Shame.

Anyway.

I was reading lines from Terry Pratchett's Discworld books just now. Should explain this mindless rambling.

Read this for some weird story.

I think Death should get an award for Snappiest One Liners in the history of the Discworld.

'And what would humans be without love?'
RARE, said Death.


I think this makes sense. In some way that it shouldn't. Funny.

"All right," said Susan, "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need ... fantasies to make life bearable."

NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers?"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. DUTY. MERCY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

REALLY? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET YOU ACT, LIKE THERE WAS SOME SORT OF RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED:

"Yes. But people have got to believe that or what's the point?"

MY POINT EXACTLY.


Death HAS a point.

Ainaa just told me that Steve Hewitt of Placebo has left the band =(

There ain't no justice these days. Like the fact that James McAvoy is married...oh who am I kidding. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home