Thursday, October 04, 2007

Well it had to happen sometime

Ah. Report in the papers today. Girl not happy with the cheating during exams in school, so wrote a blog post on it. School authorities ordered her to remove the post, because she had named teachers and students who were allegedly involved in the cheating.

Ah well.

I can't believe this!

I have run out of ideas to blog!

No wait wait wait!

Watched Infernal Affairs this afternoon.

After so many years pun. Miracles happen all the time, see.

Good thing got subtitles, if not I would be really put off.

Okay. The review.

TONY LEUNG!!!!

Almost unrecognizable, but his acting was awesoooomeeeee...too bad he had to die =/

Teh hawt one in this movie was Andy Lau la, but I didn't like his character. Hypocrite. Though I must admit, he didn't expect his friend to die along the way. Still, that next-to-last scene was pretty cool, when he walks out of the lift and tells the rest - "I'm a cop". Blardy hell.

The coolest person here is -

TONY LEUNG!!!!!

Whoops, fangirl ;)

My sis went gaga over Edison Chen. Cute, but not so much charisma. Tony Leung and Andy Lau's characters had buckets of it.

Yay. Yum.

Two more to go.

Then I'll go watch The Departed maybe, and see how the Hollywoodians mess up the original story.

Why lah these people have to keep adapting and borrowing plots from all over the place?

Seriously, if The Golden Compass doesn't measure up, I'm not going to watch any big screen adaptations for some time...except maybe if the Artemis Fowl or the next Harry Potter one is shown lah.

I wonder why there's no news of anyone asking to make Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. The book IS thick, but there's so much to make out of it...please please pleeeeeeeeeeease will someone film the story before I get too old.

I wonder how will they show the violent/shocking scenes in The Golden Compass. Disney's Narnia was so sanitized, the whole thing reeked of Happy ever after! and This is for the little kiddies! and Lots and lots of remakes and business opportunities! *I will not ruin the plot. Yet.*

Oh yeah. And please spell Tristran Thorn's name properly.There's an R in there, between the T and the A! Stardust doesn't seem to be getting much publicity here though. NOVEMBER 1!

Can anyone tell me who will be composing the score for The Golden Compass? Have looked for it, but tak dapat find yet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alexandre Desplat. The one and only. Expect the score to be released somewhere near Christmas.

8:21 pm, October 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. i was gonna tell u. guess lyrela beat me to it :p
told u infernal affairs is brilliant.

Go get the 3rd one pronto!

8:26 pm, October 05, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

Oh haiz! Thank you :)

Donch worry la Chin Lei, at least I got the info mah.

And like I said - the page wasn't on Wiki the last time I checked!

So there *sticks tongue out*

Eh, I think I have to find the 2nd one first. Sis nak oogle at Edison Chen. Meh.

8:36 pm, October 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home