The heebie-jeebies
It has finally happened.
The worst pairings in the history of Harry Potter fandom in one fic. Smut fic, by the way, something I stumbled on while looking for Gaspard icons on LJ :P
Right. Here goes.
Pairings: Ginny/Pansy (femslash, okay this is already normal in fandom) and...Harry/Draco/the Giant Squid.
Yes. Another headdesk moment. Headdesk moment #5!
*headdesk headdesk headdesk*
Geez. Bestiality. But why the Squid????
Like someone said - what was THE SQUID thinking of?!
Somebody please reboot my memory, kthanx.
Awww yuck.
Anyway, found an extract of Ian McEwan's On Chesil Beach here. It's on the Booker shortlist...I haven't seen the other books on the list except this and Anne Enright's The Gathering. And maybe Lloyd Jones's Mister Pip. Ah well, have to wait for the winner to be announced first before the bookstores start stocking it. Bookstores seem to have a surplus of Kiran Desai's book, methinks. I see it everywhere. Haven't read.
McEwan's new one - some critics have said that it's really a novella, and therefore shouldn't be nominated for Booker in the first place...from Sharon Bakar's blog here. And if you're too lazy to read the extract in the link above (7 pages), then go here for the review.
Right, I preferred the language in this new book. Did read Atonement, but it took me months. Wordy, very. Too many words and descriptions got me annoyed. I need dialogue sometimes! But this new one - maybe because of its length? the plot? I dunno - seems to have more...concise sentences, and I really liked the characterization. Got me hooked - all in one extract.
Still in hardcover. Blah. Have to wait for the paperback then.
The worst pairings in the history of Harry Potter fandom in one fic. Smut fic, by the way, something I stumbled on while looking for Gaspard icons on LJ :P
Right. Here goes.
Pairings: Ginny/Pansy (femslash, okay this is already normal in fandom) and...Harry/Draco/the Giant Squid.
Yes. Another headdesk moment. Headdesk moment #5!
*headdesk headdesk headdesk*
Geez. Bestiality. But why the Squid????
Like someone said - what was THE SQUID thinking of?!
Somebody please reboot my memory, kthanx.
Awww yuck.
Anyway, found an extract of Ian McEwan's On Chesil Beach here. It's on the Booker shortlist...I haven't seen the other books on the list except this and Anne Enright's The Gathering. And maybe Lloyd Jones's Mister Pip. Ah well, have to wait for the winner to be announced first before the bookstores start stocking it. Bookstores seem to have a surplus of Kiran Desai's book, methinks. I see it everywhere. Haven't read.
McEwan's new one - some critics have said that it's really a novella, and therefore shouldn't be nominated for Booker in the first place...from Sharon Bakar's blog here. And if you're too lazy to read the extract in the link above (7 pages), then go here for the review.
Right, I preferred the language in this new book. Did read Atonement, but it took me months. Wordy, very. Too many words and descriptions got me annoyed. I need dialogue sometimes! But this new one - maybe because of its length? the plot? I dunno - seems to have more...concise sentences, and I really liked the characterization. Got me hooked - all in one extract.
Still in hardcover. Blah. Have to wait for the paperback then.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home