Sunday, September 16, 2007

Get some rest, ignore the test

=( Sore throat. Head feels odd, somewhere between stuffy and light-headed. Stupid cold is coming.

Sped read through Rani Manicka's Touching Earth yesterday. Thought it'd be something like The Rice Mother (which I haven't read, but if you have, do tell me, thank you), but it was definitely way out there. Couldn't put the book down, the one I bought yesterday I mean. Will warn teens off from taking drugs, methinks, with the effects the heroin and coke had on the characters. Some died because of the drugs; a few got themselves out before it was too late and had proper lives.

Two tests tomorrow. Accounts and Economics. Am feeling so blah.

Reading Nix's Abhorsen now. Not too bad, though the author seems to be writing more for older teens than tweens. Only halfway through, but I'm already stupidly hoping that Lirael would have a happy ending. Maybe even with Nicholas Sayre, for all the guy's so wet. Can't exactly blame him though, seeing as he's been possessed.

Eva Green's going to be Serafina Pekkala in The Golden Compass! Wheeeeee! Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel...I keep imagining him in character when I read. *shiver* Hot, really. And Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter with her golden monkey - mind you, if you tell me that your daemon's a golden monkey, I might think twice about you :P I don't like the monkey at all in the book.

Hey waitaminute, The Golden Compass's original title of the book was Northern Lights. How come my book says "The Golden Compass"? Sounds more intriguing though.

Just read that Atonement has been rated R in US, I think. No fair - it'd be rated 18 above here then. Unless the Censorship Board cuts out that one particular steamy scene. Doesn't make sense, in a way, when I've already read the book WITH the scene in it. And it was graphically described too, so what are you going to do? Stop me from watching the movie because I'm not eighteen yet?

Mengada.

Anyway, nothing's going to stop me from watching the movie. Not when you have this guy in it.



James McAvoy *IZ DEAD* Those period clothes are a definite improvement from the dinky little Faun hoofs and moustache, yeah hah.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

golden compass is the US title of the book, if i'm not mistaken. pretty much like "philosopher's stone" and "sorcerer's stone" except that the golden compass one doesnt really make sense to me, seeing that it's a whole 'nother title. but then again, i belum baca buku itu lagi.
btw, atonement is 100% fresh according to rottentomatoes..another reason to watch, bwahaha. mcavoy being the other-lar:)

10:53 pm, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

Oh yeah, checked out wiki after I blogged. The US publishers preferred "The Golden Compass" since they thought it referred to the alethiometer which looks like a compass...though Pullman himself kept insisting that he never meant the "Golden Compass" thing to refer to the alethiometer. More metaphorical kononnya :/ aiya what big difference - who cares whether it's philosopher's or sorcerer's anyway. Still ada whiny kid with glasses and scar kan.

100% FRESH?! OMG OMG OMG - no way am I going to miss it! Especially not with James McAvoy in it, of course :)

1:57 pm, September 17, 2007  
Blogger lilmisssunshine said...

JAMES MCAVOY WAS THE FAUN?! oh my gosh.....he looks so much better in atonement!

4:46 am, September 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home