Sunday, September 09, 2007

Orthodontia

Visit to the dentist yesterday. My bottom teeth aren't moving like they should, so the fixing of my molar brackets has been postponed to next month. Dentist: "Your bottom teeth are very stubborn." Sister keeps insisting that the teeth have taken on the character of the owner. Yeah right, I have gigi yang begitu kuat and sihat, so of course lah they dowan move. And the dentist found that the bits of my braces that had been cutting into my cheeks last month were really...ends of the wire that she had forgotten to snip off =.=" hell for a few weeks, and I didn't even know that it wasn't supposed to be like that.

Sister followed me into the room, and the dentist saw her and asked: "And who is this? Can't be your sister..."

Heh. I said that Yeah, she IS my sister, and the dentist did a double take. "But face tak sama! So who's older?"

Not the first time! The guy in Reader's Corner thought she was my friend the last time we went there. And she looks my age. Seriously.

Complete opposites. It's weird that I'm happy about it, but you'll be surprised too. Well most people are.

Got Death Cabs for Cutie's Plans in Rock Corner today :) much, much cheaper than 100 bucks. Ecks-stah-tik.

Parade having some international fair today. Check out the Senegal booth; you can get cornrows there. Pretty cool. Mostly girls have done it though. France ada lots of cheese. And you can get henna in the Gujarat (or something) booth, the one facing Parksons. (Sister was going "Henna?! But how am I going to go to school..." Mum didn't let. I can do it though...but didn't.)

Looked at clothes. Depressing. Depressed. I hate fashion. Every time the fashion articles in The Star writes about designers making clothes to "flatter the female figure/form", I get pretty irritated. What figure? You're making clothes to fit - and flatter - those who are stick-thin. If you aren't so blessedly emaciated, then too bad. Clothes everywhere mostly copy the styles you see on runways, yadda yadda yadda, so you're pretty much at a disadvantage if you try to get something. And one bad thing about swimming though - it makes your shoulders bigger. No fair. And like I said, clothes sizes are either shrinking or I'm putting on weight too fast.

I don't even own a pair of heels...my mum keeps telling me to get one. And I keep insisting that I need a new pair of Converse. Super comfortable. I sound like a small kid wan.

At least books fit every size. Sucks to fashion!

Soooooo childish. Soooo laaaaaaaaaaame. Buzz off.

Ooo, and I got Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, the 3-in-1 book. Huge, but I'm really saving a lot. And my mum gave me her MRC member's voucher...

I LOVE BOOKS!

I LOVE CATS!

I LOVE MATT BELLAMY!

I LOVE DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE!

I LOVE ME!

And take a listen to this. Camera Obscura's Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken. I like the band's name :) The vid's too weird for me, unfortunately. Well I don't like it. But it sounds so HAPPY!



And watch the promo adverts for Stormhold here. Great place. Value for money. Lots of handsome guys there. One very cute guy too, who manages to catch a falling star. Trouble is, you can't find it on the map.

Searched for Plath on Puisi Poesy. Came up with this poem.

Haven't wanted to go moody over any poem yet for weeks. Until this.

Lines like:
a world we were entering without
understanding how difficult
exit might be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home