Monday, September 03, 2007

Baby I'm bad news

I can't believe my Accounting lecturer actually gave HOMEWORK on the first day!

Can't remember what I learned in SPM...errr is Ambilan a Liabiliti or not?

Bantai hentam je!

Lalalalalalalaalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaa ~

Woke up from some weird dream this afternoon, this time not involving any baked beans. I think I was at home, everything seen in this soft blue and white light. And a baby was crying somewhere, but I didn't see it. Just crying - it didn't sound hurt or angry or anything. Just waaa waaa waaa. Maybe it was my new neighbour's kid; they've got a wailing baby anyway.

Read more Plath this afternoon. Not depressed, mind. Stone Boy with Dolphin seems almost autobiographical, telling about a uni girl named Dody Ventura, out partying with her friend Hamish. She really wants to meet and get to know this guy, Leonard, and in her drunken state, she started kissing him at the party. And then she bit his cheek, but he left due to "other obligations", but she thinks it's a girl. (A related event to her meeting with Ted Hughes?) Anyway, Hamish seems to be in love with her, but Dody doesn't care for him, not even when he's kissing her and running her back to her dorm. All she can think of is Leonard Leonard Leonard.

Found this site on LJ after clicking a link on "Sylvia Plath". The site was dedicated to "Manic Depressive Poets and Writers", I think. The first page had poems about depression and cutting oneself. Disturbing. I left pretty quickly.

Plath didn't cut herself, by the way. (Didn't want to see the blood apparently.) She killed herself, true, but if you had read some of her work, like her essay Snow Blitz, you'd hardly think that she wanted to end her life. (I loved that essay, it was funny in some wry way, and she wrote it really nicely, like writing to a friend.)

Rilo Rilo Rilo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home