Monday, October 08, 2007

I've got the sneezies again

I seem to get them periodically. No fair. Meh.

Visited Pyramid's New Wing yesterday. Pretty small, compared to 1U's new one. It reminded me a bit of 1U. Some shops from the old wing moved over there, with new ones opening...Popular there looks waaaaaaaaay bigger than the sad excuse of an MPH, which just had its renovation. But the books in MPH were still the same. Limited. Terry Pratchett only left three, and two were slightly damaged. And the fiction section was so small, I had trouble finding it.

Dropped by Converse for a while...the soles of mine own are beginning to look pretty worn and frayed. Saw a nice pair of lime green ones, but they didn't have my size. New shop, old stock. They'd better have new ones. Or else.

The old wing has, of course, gone through some major changes, and while they're pretty nice, they look kinda tacky to me. Lots of goldy shiny stuff and bright HAPPY! colours. Orange, anyone?

I had a terrible, uncontrollable urge to get another Pratchett book, so I got Going Postal. Not quite what I had expected, because...

a) Pratchett now writes in chapters?! But one reason why I like his writing is because he doesn't write in chapters!

b) humour took some time getting through my brain cells and making them go HAHA

c) not enough footnotes. I love footnotes.

d) boring characters - I mean, Moist von Lipwig? WHERE'S DEATH?

e) Stanley's in it. I mean, er, there's this guy in the Post Office, he's lived there so long, he's gone completely round the bend and off the edge of the world. His major obsession is PINS PINS PINS and he collects them like a pinhead would. Then again, he's had to see pretty terrible things in the place. His head was all over the wall...according to his anecdote about a late Postmaster.

Wish I'd got the earlier books. They were funny*.

Waited for bus for more than half an hour. It wasn't funny. Especially since the woman waiting at the bus stop with me was talking nonstop in Cantonese to her friend. Couldn't understand anything, but she's talking that loud, it was...ahem. Well you get my point.

And on the walk back, had to pass in front of two men sitting by the drain. One made absurdly disgusting, repulsive and utterly stupid kissing noises after I passed them. You know, I hate men who do that. Men, boys - anyway, anyone of the male sex who thinks that he needs to prove his virility awesomeness by whistling/ making stupid kissing noises after girls. And women. We know you're there, thank you very much. If we're not looking at you, it means that there's nothing much to look at in the first place. So there.

Last week Digi came to my college. Today it's Celcom. I'm expecting Maxis any day now.

*Well, from my POV, of course. "Funny", as well as "fun", are pretty much opinions of individuals, when you think about it. I haven't met anyone else who likes Hitchhiker's Guide...besides Chin Lei, of course.

Besides, there are still people who think that "fun" is the equivalent of speeding like idiots on the road. And killing everyone else and themselves in the process.

I have this strange funny thingy to write fanfiction. How odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home