Red balloons - argh
Spent the afternoon ogling at weird pictures instead of studying - yes, another test AGAIN next week, how very exciting - and found a few pretty memorable ones.
They're here -
- and here -
and here.
Don't ask me if I like the colours, or the techniques, or anything.
I just like the weirdness and surrealism of the pictures :P
And weirdness again here.
I think I have an idea for NaNoWriMo...another 20 days more...
Red balloons and little girls in red dresses.
And I found Rainer Maria Rilke's Child in Red the other day. And here -
Child in Red by Rainer Maria Rilke
Sometimes she walks through the village in her
little red dress
all absorbed in restraining herself,
and yet, despite herself, she seems to move
according to the rhythm of her life to come.
She runs a bit, hesitates, stops,
half-turns around...
and, all while dreaming, shakes her head
for or against.
Then she dances a few steps
that she invents and forgets,
no doubt finding out that life
moves on too fast.
It's not so much that she steps out
of the small body enclosing her,
but that all she carries in herself
frolics and ferments.
It's this dress that she'll remember
later in a sweet surrender;
when her whole life is full of risks,
the little red dress will always seem right.
Selamat Hari Raya everyone! :)
They're here -
- and here -
and here.
Don't ask me if I like the colours, or the techniques, or anything.
I just like the weirdness and surrealism of the pictures :P
And weirdness again here.
I think I have an idea for NaNoWriMo...another 20 days more...
Red balloons and little girls in red dresses.
And I found Rainer Maria Rilke's Child in Red the other day. And here -
Child in Red by Rainer Maria Rilke
Sometimes she walks through the village in her
little red dress
all absorbed in restraining herself,
and yet, despite herself, she seems to move
according to the rhythm of her life to come.
She runs a bit, hesitates, stops,
half-turns around...
and, all while dreaming, shakes her head
for or against.
Then she dances a few steps
that she invents and forgets,
no doubt finding out that life
moves on too fast.
It's not so much that she steps out
of the small body enclosing her,
but that all she carries in herself
frolics and ferments.
It's this dress that she'll remember
later in a sweet surrender;
when her whole life is full of risks,
the little red dress will always seem right.
Selamat Hari Raya everyone! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home