Sunday, November 04, 2007

it's raining, yeah

and I haven't written anything for Nano today. Family watching Bourne Ultimatum, lots of gunshots and action schmaction.

But I - I, as usual - am reading more emo poetry. Good stuff. Have to thank Niffenegger for getting me into Rilke :)

Blank Joy by Rainer Maria Rilke

She who did not come, wasn't she determined
nonetheless to organize and decorate my heart?
If we had to exist to become the one we love,
what would the heart have to create?

Lovely joy left blank, perhaps you are
the center of all my labors and my loves.
If I've wept for you so much, it's because
I preferred you among so many outlined joys.


(Translated by A. Poulin)

Just realised that Henry Selick, the director who took over Tim Burton's place in The Nightmare Before Christmas, is currently directing Neil Gaiman's Coraline. I've just got a nice new Nightmare DVD - downloaded the entire movie, but the quality was so bad I gave up - and hoping that he did a good job there, and will very, very hopefully do a good job in Coraline.

Watched Initial D with sister this afternoon. More serious drifting than Tokyo Drift. It's not me...ask that younger one what's with her obsession with cars and racing. I don't think anyone else in the family likes Tim Burton movies though <3

I think I'm going to watch the Bourne trilogy during this holiday at least. Got all the three. I so ketinggalan zamanlah.

And at the risk of sounding corny, like those happy family commercials you always see on TV -

Better late than never!

*wink flash smile drives away with pesky kids on drugs sitting in the back smiling all over their cute little faces, bless their dear hearts*

Aww man. I just realised that my sister ate the last of the Mini Poppers. At least there's a whole bar of Cadbury left...this is sal-va-tion!

I will have vengeance!

I will have moar chocolate!

I want more Depp!

Go watch the Sweeney Todd trailer!

Hear him sing!

I will have vengeance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home