Lotsa thingies
Right. Right.
Major squeeeee.
Just watched Stardust! *iz eckstatick* THEY DIDN'T RUIN IT!!!!!!
Went with Grace, Qian and Joanna. Since Yuvha couldn't make it...hmpf.
Anyway, lots to talk about :)
Movies:
1. Me, You and Everyone We Know
- pretty slow-moving, took some time sitting through
- bizarre, seriously
- slightly depressing too
- quirky
- someone else's verdict: "Why so lame wan." Not me, mind you.
- kinda reminds me of Ali Smith's writing, for some reason (The Accidental, for instance)
2. Proof
- Jake Gyllenhaal in glasses! :P er...he was good there
- Gwyneth Paltrow was goooood
- Anthony Hopkins as the old professor...I would have cried if I had been watching it alone
- the drama! Seriously - how can so few characters give you all these impressions and yadda yadda...
- nerd jokes - a rock band that has a song called 'i'. i as in imaginary number, so they don't play anything for "about three minutes". Pi.
3. Stardust
- Tristan Thorn! So lovable :) (What happened to the R?)
- Eh Charlie Cox cute what, in the adorkable way. I can't hear youuuuuuu Chin Lei! Nanannananananananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
- Claire Danes was suitably ethereal-y. Didn't think she'd be that sarcastic though - she was gentler in the book. But she did a good job! <3
- WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GNOME WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE THE BABYLON CANDLE TO TRISTAN? I WANT MUSHRUMPS! damn...was looking forward to seeing him =/
- Humphrey. Yeah right, mister. Who's Humphrey? I don't care anymore!
- Victoria Forrester. Hey not bad, thought she was supposed to be like this in the book.
- Una - NOT ethereal enough. Whyyyyyy...
- Dunstan...man, you know, he wasn't supposed to go back to Una...
- Michelle Pfeiffer! Oooh, lovely. Amazing. Seriously.
- the Princes of Stormhold - hah, they were funny. Very.
- Captain Shakespeare! Campy. I'm not complaining though, at least the movie didn't kill his character. Fleshed it out a lot samore. I likes!
- The fight between the unicorn and the lion - I was disappointed that they took it out. But weell...family movie eh?
- THAT WAS NOT HOW LAMIA DIED! Mr. Gaiman, how can you do this to her???
- The ending was happy. Yes. But I preferred the book's ending. I want to cry mah, so happy happy not fun wan.
- Will I watch this movie again? YES! YES YES YES!
Righto.
Books:
1. Small Gods - Terry Pratchett
- got a bit serious towards the middle, took some time reading it
- questions about philosophy and religion
- You know...there are people like Vorbis in our society right now, aren't there? Scary to think about it.
- Hell isn't other people. Hell is yourself.
- Simony! "Don't think you can get round me by existing!" He's an atheist. Still is. Despite having his own god - the Great God Om - talk personally to him.
- Didactylos!
- Brutha...started off as weak, but I liked him in the end. Someone you just had to admire.
- the Great God Om - weeeeeeeeeird. Your god as a tortoise - "Let there be fruit! Let there be lettuce!" 'Course, nothing happens.
- St. Ungulant - the guy is seeeeeriously on drugs, man. Mushrooms, anyone?
2. Notes on a Scandal
- only halfway, but...
- the movie was more scandalous, more...detailed
- Sheba Hart here seemed to be...under self-delusion. Asked why she had sexual relations with the boy, she insisted that they "were in love".
- Plus, she tried really hard - more than the movie - to justify her actions. Whereas the movie version had her looking sorry.
- The boy in the book didn't seem to be as good-looking as the movie...eh, I don't know. But I preferred the movie.
- Barbara Covett...she's so acidic in here. Hates everything. Man.
Next movie - ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!
29TH NOVEMBER!
And GOLDEN COMPASS!
Major squeeeee.
Just watched Stardust! *iz eckstatick* THEY DIDN'T RUIN IT!!!!!!
Went with Grace, Qian and Joanna. Since Yuvha couldn't make it...hmpf.
Anyway, lots to talk about :)
Movies:
1. Me, You and Everyone We Know
- pretty slow-moving, took some time sitting through
- bizarre, seriously
- slightly depressing too
- quirky
- someone else's verdict: "Why so lame wan." Not me, mind you.
- kinda reminds me of Ali Smith's writing, for some reason (The Accidental, for instance)
2. Proof
- Jake Gyllenhaal in glasses! :P er...he was good there
- Gwyneth Paltrow was goooood
- Anthony Hopkins as the old professor...I would have cried if I had been watching it alone
- the drama! Seriously - how can so few characters give you all these impressions and yadda yadda...
- nerd jokes - a rock band that has a song called 'i'. i as in imaginary number, so they don't play anything for "about three minutes". Pi.
3. Stardust
- Tristan Thorn! So lovable :) (What happened to the R?)
- Eh Charlie Cox cute what, in the adorkable way. I can't hear youuuuuuu Chin Lei! Nanannananananananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
- Claire Danes was suitably ethereal-y. Didn't think she'd be that sarcastic though - she was gentler in the book. But she did a good job! <3
- WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GNOME WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE THE BABYLON CANDLE TO TRISTAN? I WANT MUSHRUMPS! damn...was looking forward to seeing him =/
- Humphrey. Yeah right, mister. Who's Humphrey? I don't care anymore!
- Victoria Forrester. Hey not bad, thought she was supposed to be like this in the book.
- Una - NOT ethereal enough. Whyyyyyy...
- Dunstan...man, you know, he wasn't supposed to go back to Una...
- Michelle Pfeiffer! Oooh, lovely. Amazing. Seriously.
- the Princes of Stormhold - hah, they were funny. Very.
- Captain Shakespeare! Campy. I'm not complaining though, at least the movie didn't kill his character. Fleshed it out a lot samore. I likes!
- The fight between the unicorn and the lion - I was disappointed that they took it out. But weell...family movie eh?
- THAT WAS NOT HOW LAMIA DIED! Mr. Gaiman, how can you do this to her???
- The ending was happy. Yes. But I preferred the book's ending. I want to cry mah, so happy happy not fun wan.
- Will I watch this movie again? YES! YES YES YES!
Righto.
Books:
1. Small Gods - Terry Pratchett
- got a bit serious towards the middle, took some time reading it
- questions about philosophy and religion
- You know...there are people like Vorbis in our society right now, aren't there? Scary to think about it.
- Hell isn't other people. Hell is yourself.
- Simony! "Don't think you can get round me by existing!" He's an atheist. Still is. Despite having his own god - the Great God Om - talk personally to him.
- Didactylos!
- Brutha...started off as weak, but I liked him in the end. Someone you just had to admire.
- the Great God Om - weeeeeeeeeird. Your god as a tortoise - "Let there be fruit! Let there be lettuce!" 'Course, nothing happens.
- St. Ungulant - the guy is seeeeeriously on drugs, man. Mushrooms, anyone?
2. Notes on a Scandal
- only halfway, but...
- the movie was more scandalous, more...detailed
- Sheba Hart here seemed to be...under self-delusion. Asked why she had sexual relations with the boy, she insisted that they "were in love".
- Plus, she tried really hard - more than the movie - to justify her actions. Whereas the movie version had her looking sorry.
- The boy in the book didn't seem to be as good-looking as the movie...eh, I don't know. But I preferred the movie.
- Barbara Covett...she's so acidic in here. Hates everything. Man.
Next movie - ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!
29TH NOVEMBER!
And GOLDEN COMPASS!

2 Comments:
Across the Universe!! Golden Compass!!
So glad to see you after so long.. seems as though the last time I saw you was just last week. Wish you could have stayed longer but.. what the heck, we've got till the end of the year! YEAH!
Yes Grace!
Till the end of the year! Woohoo!
Really good seeing you that day :) pink cheeks! XD
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home