Oh yes I did
Right. So it's been 2 weeks since I've been back in Des Moines, and I haven't blogged. Not because I was lazy (well, partly true), but because I've been having a block all summer. And now I'm blogging cos....I just had Java Chip. Venti. Yays don't you just love the buy one free one promotion at Starbucks????
Lessee, breakdown of what happened during the intervening exciting time squeeeeeeeee -
1. Touchdown on 12th August. Now, if you were complaining about how hot Malaysian weather was, it was the same here. Yeah....hot sunshine, temperatures above 30 C, not much wind, dusty, dry....eurgh.
2. Food poisoning Saturday. No lie. Don't ask what happened - it's not pretty.
3. 19th August and I turned 20. Birthday surprise! Hehehehhee :)
4. Iowa State Fair on Saturday, 21st. HOT. 33 C. No lie. Anyways - got to see lots of fun stuff at the fair. Big pigs - biiiiiiiiig pigs, weighing over 100 pounds - lambs (kong meh ah? "Meeeeehhhh!"), goats, cattle, horsies, lemonade, burgers, various veggies, flavoured honey (there's even garlic and butter, trufax, I liked it), people, and...very expensive and big ass farm machinery. And it was hot. And I had a Polish sausage hotdog. Which was beef. Hah. I like it okays. Had some in Chicago, and I liked it.
5. Classes started on Monday, 23rd. Boring classes. Ooo ooo, interesting thing during my International Finance class - professor was talking about how we should learn to greet our teammates in their native language. Teammate asked me what it was, I replied "English" without thinking. Then added, "Malay". Maybe he was expecting me to say "Chinese". I can't, I just can't. I can't speak any Chinese dialects to save my life, and I am Chinese. How do you explain this conundrum? My mother tongue is English, second language Malay, and I'm Chinese. How do you explain where am I supposed to be?
I have thoughts. But they are private. So they won't be here.
And I didn't blog about you :D Sucks doesn't it.
Next time, remind me not to drink tea after 10 p.m. Yes it does have diuretic properties, but my kidneys....they are efficient.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home