Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Macaron macaron

I had macarons for the first time this summer. (Fact: Chrome doesn't have macarons in its dictionary.) Kat Whisk in Empire, which has cakes and hot choc and other stuff that I haven't tried. But thanks to Ainaa for introducing the place...just drop by one of these days.

Anyway, macarons. (This is not an advertorial, kthxbai.) Colourful little mini-burgers, I thought. Bought five, each costing RM2. Melts in your mouth, kinda thing. One two bite, habis. Stan, on having eaten the first one, looked at me with that look your mum gets when she finds out how much you actually spend these days, "There goes 2 bucks. Just like that."

But heyyy, worth it. We each had 2 and 1/2 macarons - the trouble with learning too much maths is it makes you so damn precise about portions, what the hell - and there was the one with peanut flavour, and blueberry with the little dab of jam in the centre, and rose/strawberry, orange and...bubblegum, according to Stan. Go try it, hang the cost, and go see what the hype's all about.

I want to blog more...but it's almost 2 a.m., and I'm sleepy.

Going back to Des Moines on the 11th, tata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home