I scream for ice-cream
See, I run out of ideas to blog, right, and then some people come and ask me, "Why don't you update?", and I don't, until I get ideas of what to write about. Like bacon.
Bacon! Bacon is good. When ordering the BLT in McD's - this is in Iowa, not Subang, ahahaha - I order it for the bacon. Not the lettuce, or the tomato, or the chicken patty with white meat what you don't have to worry about getting chewy bits in. The bacon. Bacon's very important. Bacon - to mangle a phrase I've heard somewhere - is a many-splendored thing. For one thing, it's well known for its fat content and its contribution to your future heart attack.
D'you know how ideas look better in your head than on paper, or - because this isn't, like, real paper - on figurative paper? Or they look worse when they're written. Such is the fate of many, many ideas that should have seen the light of day. Erm. Or the light of realisation, as it were.
To answer the All-Important Question when meeting up with friends these days: "What are you up to?", I'll give you this, "Sleeping. Reading. Bumming." I mean, really, I'm on a holiday, and it's summer, and I expect to work so hard when semester starts, so give me a break and don't ask if I have a job or an internship or whathaveyou. Whoo. Time enough to sell my soul to the corporate world before I graduate. Although experience is a good thing - and no doubt, necessary; witness the italics to emphasize your point of view on its importance and my failed attempt at heroic sarcasm, ahahhaa - I chooses to do without it. Experience happens whether you like it or not...there's nothing wrong in postponing it.
But there is, of course, the element of Hope. To put it as Vetinari does - "that greatest of all treasures, which is Hope". It's like ice-cream. It's nice to think about it; to feel the icyness of it on a hot day; to have the sense of anticipation for the next chocolate chip and caramel swirl. The whole of the sensory appreciation of ice-cream is more than the sum of the separate and - correct me if I'm wrong - distinct perceptions. Yes/no? To stretch an analogy, when the ice-cream is eaten, you're more satisfied, say, than if you've eaten a single chocolate chip and some caramel sauce. When some fella eats the entire tub of ice-cream and leaves only a single spoonful of ice-cream in there (yeah right, it wasn't my sister who did that), the dissatisfaction is much more than not having the ice-cream in the first place. The same thing, it seems, works for hope. Having a little hope is much more exciting than not having at all, but oh the pain of it when that little bit of hope is dashed.
Yes! My powers of bullshitting shall return soon. Thank you, thank you.
I like this article. Mostly because the columnist uses sarcasm and starts a paragraph with "fuck off". And the important thing is this - he gets paid for it!!! Oh, and because he has valid points. Although I can't understand the whole thingo about alcohol and wine. I've tried alcohol - right, not wine - but didn't like it.
I read MLIA. Just to fill up my time, some harmless fun, and to see what some people (well, mostly Americans) think are cool. And the one thing that keeps coming up is the so-called Google vs. Yahoo war. Google wins for ultra-cool autocompletes! Google wins for giving me weird results when I search for something vague!! Google wins because it's a mass propaganda tool with good marketing, much like Apple!!! (Right, scratch the last one.) But the thing is, Google gives you the results of your search based on what other people have searched for in the past, or how much a site gets hits, right? At least that's what I think it is. So, to go off this, it would mean that Google users are: a) well, more than Yahoo, obviously, b) weirder, c) really bored people or d) MLIA readers themselves bombing the results. Google is not, essentially, cool. The users are. Although the Pac-Man thing was nice. And the sketches for special days. I liked the Hans Christian Andersen thingies. And I want to work for Google. So maybe it is cool.
Define "cool"...moderately cold?
Meh.
Here's Alex Kapranos. Just because. Yummm.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home