Friday, June 13, 2008

Moving castle with Christian Bale

Just watched Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle. Japanese film based on the Diana Wynne Jones' book - the movie's been dubbed in English though, so I didn't have to depend on subtitles.

And how was it?

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Hee =D

Howl was voiced by none other thaaaaaaaaaaaan - Christian Bale!

OMG OMG OMG that voice. *melts*

Howl looked a bit too gayish in here for me though...and not flamboyant enough. The only time he was perfect (in my mind) was when he threw that massive tantrum over his hair. "I see no point in living if I can't be beautiful." ROFL.

And yeah, Miyazaki changed the story somewhat, about halfway through. Ah well. DWJ had no issues with the change, and I guess, if you hadn't read the book, it'd be really good fun.

Still have to gripe about the ending though. Methinks it was too hammed up. Bleargh.

And where were all those arguments between Howl and Sophie? WHERE, I ASK YOU?

Though, to be honest, the tension in the movie was much more visible than the book. Fangirl me went all squealy whenever Howl poured on the charm.

And he spent most of the time in black hair, instead of the foppish blond in the book. I approve. Very much.

And now I can call myself an official Howl fangirl.

And gosh dang it - I worked out his birthday. The chronology of events on Wiki had a sidenote left by a user about Howl's birthday, so I worked it out on my own this morning. Got the same answer. His birthday's the 2nd of February. Odd eh.

Eh go watch. WATCH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home