No magic rainbows here!
David Cook's Time of My Life already receiving heavy airplay on Fly.fm. (Chin messaged this morning that his Always Be My Baby's played now too.) Hmm. Magic rainbows and tasting moments - we hear you, Mr. Cook!
First time I heard him on the radio though, I was part happy, part grumpy. It could have been my Porkchop Love Nugget eh. Cook sounds so...ordinary...on radio. Bet you even you can recognize that kid's unique definitely-not-little voice anywhere.
Righto. Death Cab for Cutie's Narrow Stairs.
First impression: Heavy on the distortion. That heavier, rockier feel to first track Bixby Canyon Bridge surprised me at first - but I love that distortion :)
Second: Lyrics still intact - have always liked how each song tells its own individual story.
Third: Blimey, they're really experimenting with this album. I have Plans already, loved it, but this album sounds different. Same, but different. First single, I Will Possess Your Heart, runs to more than 8 minutes, with the vocals coming in only after the 4th minute. Love it!
Fourth: Hmm...I wonder. Pity and Fear had me going..."Eh? What's with the weird percussion?" The last few tracks didn't wow me, I'm afraid.
Songs I like: Cath..., You Can Do Better than Me (favourite song here!), Your New Twin Sized Bed and Bixby Canyon Bridge.
Surprised me, this album did. Was expecting something like their older albums. Not complaining at all though.
Confirmed - Jive Records have announced that David Archuleta will be signed on for his album debut! Yay! *more Archie love please!*
I love how confident he's become now in interviews. Don't believe the naysayers - we Archie Angels knew he had it in him all along!
I will possess your heeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaart ~
Bring on the cheese. As long as it's topped with David Archuleta's voice. Oh yes.
First time I heard him on the radio though, I was part happy, part grumpy. It could have been my Porkchop Love Nugget eh. Cook sounds so...ordinary...on radio. Bet you even you can recognize that kid's unique definitely-not-little voice anywhere.
Righto. Death Cab for Cutie's Narrow Stairs.
First impression: Heavy on the distortion. That heavier, rockier feel to first track Bixby Canyon Bridge surprised me at first - but I love that distortion :)
Second: Lyrics still intact - have always liked how each song tells its own individual story.
Third: Blimey, they're really experimenting with this album. I have Plans already, loved it, but this album sounds different. Same, but different. First single, I Will Possess Your Heart, runs to more than 8 minutes, with the vocals coming in only after the 4th minute. Love it!
Fourth: Hmm...I wonder. Pity and Fear had me going..."Eh? What's with the weird percussion?" The last few tracks didn't wow me, I'm afraid.
Songs I like: Cath..., You Can Do Better than Me (favourite song here!), Your New Twin Sized Bed and Bixby Canyon Bridge.
Surprised me, this album did. Was expecting something like their older albums. Not complaining at all though.
Confirmed - Jive Records have announced that David Archuleta will be signed on for his album debut! Yay! *more Archie love please!*
I love how confident he's become now in interviews. Don't believe the naysayers - we Archie Angels knew he had it in him all along!
I will possess your heeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaart ~
Bring on the cheese. As long as it's topped with David Archuleta's voice. Oh yes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home