Viva la Archuleta!
First things first, to get it out of the way.
*squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal*
Overload of cuteness this week, sorry <3 Best get over it first kan.
Anyway, David Cook's First Time I Ever Saw Your Face. Yes, indeed. Best performance of the night.
Wished David A had sung Billy Joel's And So It Goes with the piano...but that first part he did without any background music was beautiful. Give the kid credit - he has an amazing voice!
Syesha...erm. Well. If I Ain't Got You was too copycat, and Hit Me Up was..."Rihanna-esque", to quote Randy. My mum actually said "she sounds like Rihanna" before Randy gave the comment, proving that Paula Abdul isn't the only one with the gift of foresight while watching Idol :P
Cookie absolutely mangled Switchfoot's Dare You to Move though. Double OW since the song's one of my favorites, from one of my favorite albums, and the only Switchfoot album I own. *kicks Cookie*
Yeah yeah, you'd probably try to rain on my (Archuleta!) parade by telling me that David (Archuleta!) did a crappy rendition of Chris Brown's With You. Hey, he took the risk, though it didn't exactly pay off. Saw my sister's face when Ryan was going through the recaps, and that expression on her face told me what you'd probably say to me tomorrow after watching the show (yes, I'm talking to you, Porkchop Basher). Then again, the producers picked a song similar to Paula's choice, and David A had to do something different with his own choice what. [Edit: Okay, I thought Syesha's Fever was really, really sexy. And I loved how she didn't go all shrilly, but hit the lower notes nicely. I'm being swayed by the judges - bleh to you, Simon!]
Hmm. Next week's the finale.
OMG what will I do after Idol?
Is there life after Idol?
Will my days be bleak and blank without Idol?
Where will I go for my weekly fix of David Archuleta?
My days shall be empty! What will I do?! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Ahem.
Well.
What to do.
Funny.
Was reading a few blogs, and apparently the issue of 6,400 library books which were not returned in Johor seems to have invoked the wrath of bloggers (and book lovers) against those who have no appreciation for books and no understanding of the concept of borrowing whatsoever. And I was thinking...I read that news, and I wasn't shocked.
I wonder why. Must've been immune dah, what with more Malaysian idiocy after another.
Like double-parking. Especially in Taipan.
Why do people double-park?
Because they don't want to go through the jam, or spend time looking for parking space.
What causes the jam?
People who double-park.
Why is there limited space to park?
Because people have to wait for the people who double-park to remove their damn cars before they can vacate the space.
See?
Vicious cycle, tch.
Oh, by the way, am I the only one who thought that the black jacket-tie-jeans combination looked really good on Archuleta on performance night? =D
*Admit it, Chin Lei!*
I don't like David A just because he's cute. It's because he has a seriously good voice, has a style of his own, and is an incredibly talented young musician. The cuteness is just a bonus. All in one Archudorable package.
*squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal*
Overload of cuteness this week, sorry <3 Best get over it first kan.
Anyway, David Cook's First Time I Ever Saw Your Face. Yes, indeed. Best performance of the night.
Wished David A had sung Billy Joel's And So It Goes with the piano...but that first part he did without any background music was beautiful. Give the kid credit - he has an amazing voice!
Syesha...erm. Well. If I Ain't Got You was too copycat, and Hit Me Up was..."Rihanna-esque", to quote Randy. My mum actually said "she sounds like Rihanna" before Randy gave the comment, proving that Paula Abdul isn't the only one with the gift of foresight while watching Idol :P
Cookie absolutely mangled Switchfoot's Dare You to Move though. Double OW since the song's one of my favorites, from one of my favorite albums, and the only Switchfoot album I own. *kicks Cookie*
Yeah yeah, you'd probably try to rain on my (Archuleta!) parade by telling me that David (Archuleta!) did a crappy rendition of Chris Brown's With You. Hey, he took the risk, though it didn't exactly pay off. Saw my sister's face when Ryan was going through the recaps, and that expression on her face told me what you'd probably say to me tomorrow after watching the show (yes, I'm talking to you, Porkchop Basher). Then again, the producers picked a song similar to Paula's choice, and David A had to do something different with his own choice what. [Edit: Okay, I thought Syesha's Fever was really, really sexy. And I loved how she didn't go all shrilly, but hit the lower notes nicely. I'm being swayed by the judges - bleh to you, Simon!]
Hmm. Next week's the finale.
OMG what will I do after Idol?
Is there life after Idol?
Will my days be bleak and blank without Idol?
Where will I go for my weekly fix of David Archuleta?
My days shall be empty! What will I do?! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Ahem.
Well.
What to do.
Funny.
Was reading a few blogs, and apparently the issue of 6,400 library books which were not returned in Johor seems to have invoked the wrath of bloggers (and book lovers) against those who have no appreciation for books and no understanding of the concept of borrowing whatsoever. And I was thinking...I read that news, and I wasn't shocked.
I wonder why. Must've been immune dah, what with more Malaysian idiocy after another.
Like double-parking. Especially in Taipan.
Why do people double-park?
Because they don't want to go through the jam, or spend time looking for parking space.
What causes the jam?
People who double-park.
Why is there limited space to park?
Because people have to wait for the people who double-park to remove their damn cars before they can vacate the space.
See?
Vicious cycle, tch.
Oh, by the way, am I the only one who thought that the black jacket-tie-jeans combination looked really good on Archuleta on performance night? =D
*Admit it, Chin Lei!*
I don't like David A just because he's cute. It's because he has a seriously good voice, has a style of his own, and is an incredibly talented young musician. The cuteness is just a bonus. All in one Archudorable package.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home