iBlog
Listening to Coldplay's second single, Viva la Vida, and am liking it a lot. More than I did Violet Hill.
Not sure why I seem to have come up against a block in blogging. Not a block by normal standards, really, but suddenly the urge to blog obsessively seems to have died somewhat.
Hmm.
Watched La Vie en Rose today. Yep, that movie that won Marion Cotillard award for Best Actress at the Oscars. Did she disappoint? No. Definitely not.
Story a bit slow-moving...however, the life story of Edith Piaf is told from different scenes in time, so you get scenes of her youth in between her dying years. Even the little kid who did her childhood scenes was good, really good. And Marion Cotillard! Amazing.
I didn't know anything about Edith Piaf before watching the movie, so I'm not one to judge if Marion Cotillard portrayed her realistically and faithfully. What I can say is, is that she managed to portray different times of Piaf's life so realistically, you can believe that different actresses were playing her. There's Piaf at 20: irresponsible, loud, rude, but still insecure and uncertain; Piaf in her 30's and famous: still loud and rude, now more demanding, more sure; Piaf at 40 with deteriorating health due to her past injuries in car crashes and a drug addiction: quieter, more thoughtful, but can still be loud and demanding...sometimes I wonder if she was because she was afraid, or because she thought she had a right to be, being famous and all.
That one scene where she went completely crazy, on hearing that her lover was killed in a plane crash...woah. Felt like a wave of emotion just whacked you (at least I felt like it). And that part where she ran to the hospital with her husband, only to find that her daughter was dead...made me wonder - was that the reason why she did things so impulsively? (And she was only 17 at the time!)
I think my favourite part was when she was interviewed, in her 30's, when the interviewer asked her: "What advice would you give to a woman?"
Piaf answered: "Love."
"To a young girl?"
"Love."
"To a child?"
"Love."
I don't know - her answers just seemed so...poignant. What with a difficult childhood, and quite a chaotic youth, and now with her messed-up adult life - she still remained a believer in love. Hmm. Memorable character, she was.
Started watching Margot at the Wedding at first - didn't know it was rated R. Sis at home; it's the school holidays; whaddaya know - I cannot contribute to the corruption of youth.
Ben Barnes has signed on to act in Dorian Gray. Hope he won't be as bland as he was in Narnia.
He'll have to use his ori Brit accent then in that movie, instead of that weird Telmarinian accent in Narnia - yessssssssssssssssssssss! And cut his hair! Now be good with the role kay, Mr Barnes?
In case you were wondering whether I've gone off my Idol addiction yet - the answer is an emphatic NO, unfortunately.

More Archie love, darling 80808080 Happy fangirling! ;)
Not sure why I seem to have come up against a block in blogging. Not a block by normal standards, really, but suddenly the urge to blog obsessively seems to have died somewhat.
Hmm.
Watched La Vie en Rose today. Yep, that movie that won Marion Cotillard award for Best Actress at the Oscars. Did she disappoint? No. Definitely not.
Story a bit slow-moving...however, the life story of Edith Piaf is told from different scenes in time, so you get scenes of her youth in between her dying years. Even the little kid who did her childhood scenes was good, really good. And Marion Cotillard! Amazing.
I didn't know anything about Edith Piaf before watching the movie, so I'm not one to judge if Marion Cotillard portrayed her realistically and faithfully. What I can say is, is that she managed to portray different times of Piaf's life so realistically, you can believe that different actresses were playing her. There's Piaf at 20: irresponsible, loud, rude, but still insecure and uncertain; Piaf in her 30's and famous: still loud and rude, now more demanding, more sure; Piaf at 40 with deteriorating health due to her past injuries in car crashes and a drug addiction: quieter, more thoughtful, but can still be loud and demanding...sometimes I wonder if she was because she was afraid, or because she thought she had a right to be, being famous and all.
That one scene where she went completely crazy, on hearing that her lover was killed in a plane crash...woah. Felt like a wave of emotion just whacked you (at least I felt like it). And that part where she ran to the hospital with her husband, only to find that her daughter was dead...made me wonder - was that the reason why she did things so impulsively? (And she was only 17 at the time!)
I think my favourite part was when she was interviewed, in her 30's, when the interviewer asked her: "What advice would you give to a woman?"
Piaf answered: "Love."
"To a young girl?"
"Love."
"To a child?"
"Love."
I don't know - her answers just seemed so...poignant. What with a difficult childhood, and quite a chaotic youth, and now with her messed-up adult life - she still remained a believer in love. Hmm. Memorable character, she was.
Started watching Margot at the Wedding at first - didn't know it was rated R. Sis at home; it's the school holidays; whaddaya know - I cannot contribute to the corruption of youth.
Ben Barnes has signed on to act in Dorian Gray. Hope he won't be as bland as he was in Narnia.
He'll have to use his ori Brit accent then in that movie, instead of that weird Telmarinian accent in Narnia - yessssssssssssssssssssss! And cut his hair! Now be good with the role kay, Mr Barnes?
In case you were wondering whether I've gone off my Idol addiction yet - the answer is an emphatic NO, unfortunately.

More Archie love, darling 80808080 Happy fangirling! ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home