You electrify my life
American Idol finale.
Hell.
If you're going to whine - But David Cook will win Idol! - then you obviously have NOT watched the performances.
*fan*
Phew.
Round 1 - Clive Davis' pick
Cook, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Pretty good...but not phenomenal. Was thinking: "I want to go to your concert!"
Archuleta, Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me - *sigh* Said Simon: "One of his best performances of the season" - hell yeah!
Winner of this round: Archuleta (Simon sez too!)
Round 2 - Contestant's pick from the songwriting competition
Cook, Dream Big - Erm. Was waiting for the "wow factor" again...but tak jadi. Ah well.
Archuleta, In This Moment - He sings as though he believes in it completely. He does. *wipes eyes*
Winner: Archuleta (Simon's seal of approval!)
Btw, both songs sucked. If they came on radio, I wouldn't listen to either. Okay, maybe Cook's rocked out version, but still, there are limits.
Round 3 - Contestant's pick
Cook, The World I Know - It was lovely, really liked the acoustic guitar. But I was still waiting for the wow factor, and he didn't deliver as much as I liked.
Archuleta, Imagine - Didn't cry, but ye gawds...I loved it. Loved it. Was hoping for him to do it a cappella, the first part, but this is amazing with its old arrangement. *sniff*
Winner: Archuleta (Simon: "It was a knockout!")
Friend called me after Cook finished his 3rd performance. Guy was raving on the phone over Archuleta. Ha! And he told me this morning that Cook will win, and that he's the better singer! Toldja!
Cook did very well, methinks, but it wasn't as amazing as his performance of Always Be My Baby. That one nearly made me a Cook fan, admittedly, but I was a staunch believer in Archuleta by then, and nothing could shake my belief, come hail, sunshine or the incredible talented Mr. Cook. And am I glad - and satisfied - that Archuleta really did deliver tonight.
Of course these comments are biased. I'm Archuleta through-and-through. But! I would still love to go to a David Cook concert. Am looking forward to the record he'll produce, as much as I look forward to Archuleta's.
And so ends the season.
Funny thing - Archuleta seemed so confident on performance night, even as Cook visibly betrayed signs of nervousness. No giggling or gasping, or "I don't know"'s onstage. That look in his eyes...man, this kid absolutely wants to win, even as he says "Cook is amazing".
And says Archuleta when interviewed on EW.com, about what he thought of Cook's performance that night: "I think Simon's opinion is just one opinion, and just because Simon didn't think it was his best, I think America and millions of viewers will disagree with him. And I disagree with Simon, too. He was awesome."
Don't you just love this kid already?
Hell.
If you're going to whine - But David Cook will win Idol! - then you obviously have NOT watched the performances.
*fan*
Phew.
Round 1 - Clive Davis' pick
Cook, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Pretty good...but not phenomenal. Was thinking: "I want to go to your concert!"
Archuleta, Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me - *sigh* Said Simon: "One of his best performances of the season" - hell yeah!
Winner of this round: Archuleta (Simon sez too!)
Round 2 - Contestant's pick from the songwriting competition
Cook, Dream Big - Erm. Was waiting for the "wow factor" again...but tak jadi. Ah well.
Archuleta, In This Moment - He sings as though he believes in it completely. He does. *wipes eyes*
Winner: Archuleta (Simon's seal of approval!)
Btw, both songs sucked. If they came on radio, I wouldn't listen to either. Okay, maybe Cook's rocked out version, but still, there are limits.
Round 3 - Contestant's pick
Cook, The World I Know - It was lovely, really liked the acoustic guitar. But I was still waiting for the wow factor, and he didn't deliver as much as I liked.
Archuleta, Imagine - Didn't cry, but ye gawds...I loved it. Loved it. Was hoping for him to do it a cappella, the first part, but this is amazing with its old arrangement. *sniff*
Winner: Archuleta (Simon: "It was a knockout!")
Friend called me after Cook finished his 3rd performance. Guy was raving on the phone over Archuleta. Ha! And he told me this morning that Cook will win, and that he's the better singer! Toldja!
Cook did very well, methinks, but it wasn't as amazing as his performance of Always Be My Baby. That one nearly made me a Cook fan, admittedly, but I was a staunch believer in Archuleta by then, and nothing could shake my belief, come hail, sunshine or the incredible talented Mr. Cook. And am I glad - and satisfied - that Archuleta really did deliver tonight.
Of course these comments are biased. I'm Archuleta through-and-through. But! I would still love to go to a David Cook concert. Am looking forward to the record he'll produce, as much as I look forward to Archuleta's.
And so ends the season.
Funny thing - Archuleta seemed so confident on performance night, even as Cook visibly betrayed signs of nervousness. No giggling or gasping, or "I don't know"'s onstage. That look in his eyes...man, this kid absolutely wants to win, even as he says "Cook is amazing".
And says Archuleta when interviewed on EW.com, about what he thought of Cook's performance that night: "I think Simon's opinion is just one opinion, and just because Simon didn't think it was his best, I think America and millions of viewers will disagree with him. And I disagree with Simon, too. He was awesome."
Don't you just love this kid already?

4 Comments:
Yerh... Doesn't your fren who 'called you rite after Cook's performance' has a name? Must you really put it so anonymously...
And do you really have to rub salt on my wound!?! It was sad enough that Cook sucked big time, but you HAD to say i told you so!
Anyway, I'm so in love with Archie's 2nd song 'IN the Moment'.
I watched it for like 5 times in a row on Youtube, it's so nice!
And if Archie doesn't win, AI is rigged!
Jun-Yi XD you're reading my blog! OMG OMG! :P
Archie didn't win...therefore AI is rigged? Hmm...
Have you got over the disappointment yet...? I've got Cook fans still rubbing it in my face :(
To be frank, i was never dissappointed to begin with. I was always a Cook fan, but you cannot deny the fact that Archie overshadowed Cook. And with that in mind, Archie should win. But oh well...
FYI, I've downloaded 'In This Moment', and I'm loving every single min of the song. I hope Archie can produce more of these songs... Who knows, with more of these sappy ballads, i might be one of his biggest fans...
LOL, Jun-Yi!
"Who knows, with more of these sappy ballads, i might be one of his biggest fans..."
You've said it, man :P its his style what, and he does amazingly well in it. I love it, even though I'm not a big fan of some of the sappy ballads he sings!
Can't wait for BOTH their albums to come out, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home