The unknowable pau
It tasted like char siew; it looked like char siew...but it wasn't char siew. Not exactly. I think it was chicken. Come to think of it, it tasted more like the filling in tai pau. Heh.
EW.com's Michael Slezak interviews David Archuleta! Aha. Slezak hasn't been exactly complimentary to the Porkchop in his Popwatch articles all season - I should know; I look forward to Slezak's articles every week and read them all; they're good - but after this interview, he changed his mind about the kid, apparently. (So does Jim Cantiello on MTV.)
Watch the rest on Youtube - comes in 3 parts.
Right. Was raining heavily at 4, and class just finished then. Took taxi home, guy was a young Indian dude. Quite talkative - quite unlike the previous two taxi drivers who fetched me back. Not sure why I was speaking Malay, exactly...hmm. Must've been a sort of reflex, wonder why.
You know, I'm thinking, it'd be interesting to interview a taxi driver someday. Or bus drivers. Or even bus conductors. But of course, I'll never work up the nerve to do it...
So anyway, the guy mentioned that the other drivers and him thought that with the new Inti building, there'll be more students taking taxis. Said there wasn't any difference...from what I've seen, there are quite a lot of new students. Maybe it's the different schedules kot - you'll always know when classes end in Taylors because a traffic jam happens in SS15.
I didn't say much, naturally. Lol, he actually said I'm fluent in Malay, that I sound like a Malay. *ROFL* Me? Hah! Hardly!
And he even said something about today being the last day of classes in Taylors - and about exams on during this time. Man, wonder how he knew. Should've asked, but I'm not one to talk much.
Was reaching my house, and he asked if I was Malay or Chinese. Me: "Chinese." And then he asked, "You Baba?" I laughed, said yes. He said that his girlfriend's a Baba. LOL, random.
Baba Malay's different from Malay though - I still don't know what to call my older relatives when we visit during Chinese New Year. (No ah yee, it's all ko kecik, ko ko...or something, I can't remember!) And the few times that I've heard a relative speak Baba, it sounded familiar and yet strange. When my grandmother asks anyone to "pasang api", it doesn't mean she wants someone to turn on the stove. It means - switch on the light! And I've been cautioned against using the word bodek - meaning's different from the Malay one.
Hmm. Is David Cook dating? Not concerned. But oh, the poor heartbroken fangirls out there.
Death Cab for Cutie's Narrow Stairs. Listening. Will be back. They're mainstream now...? Oh well.
PS - Ohmigosh, that guitar solo in Bixby Bridge Canyon. 0.0
EW.com's Michael Slezak interviews David Archuleta! Aha. Slezak hasn't been exactly complimentary to the Porkchop in his Popwatch articles all season - I should know; I look forward to Slezak's articles every week and read them all; they're good - but after this interview, he changed his mind about the kid, apparently. (So does Jim Cantiello on MTV.)
Watch the rest on Youtube - comes in 3 parts.
Right. Was raining heavily at 4, and class just finished then. Took taxi home, guy was a young Indian dude. Quite talkative - quite unlike the previous two taxi drivers who fetched me back. Not sure why I was speaking Malay, exactly...hmm. Must've been a sort of reflex, wonder why.
You know, I'm thinking, it'd be interesting to interview a taxi driver someday. Or bus drivers. Or even bus conductors. But of course, I'll never work up the nerve to do it...
So anyway, the guy mentioned that the other drivers and him thought that with the new Inti building, there'll be more students taking taxis. Said there wasn't any difference...from what I've seen, there are quite a lot of new students. Maybe it's the different schedules kot - you'll always know when classes end in Taylors because a traffic jam happens in SS15.
I didn't say much, naturally. Lol, he actually said I'm fluent in Malay, that I sound like a Malay. *ROFL* Me? Hah! Hardly!
And he even said something about today being the last day of classes in Taylors - and about exams on during this time. Man, wonder how he knew. Should've asked, but I'm not one to talk much.
Was reaching my house, and he asked if I was Malay or Chinese. Me: "Chinese." And then he asked, "You Baba?" I laughed, said yes. He said that his girlfriend's a Baba. LOL, random.
Baba Malay's different from Malay though - I still don't know what to call my older relatives when we visit during Chinese New Year. (No ah yee, it's all ko kecik, ko ko...or something, I can't remember!) And the few times that I've heard a relative speak Baba, it sounded familiar and yet strange. When my grandmother asks anyone to "pasang api", it doesn't mean she wants someone to turn on the stove. It means - switch on the light! And I've been cautioned against using the word bodek - meaning's different from the Malay one.
Hmm. Is David Cook dating? Not concerned. But oh, the poor heartbroken fangirls out there.
Death Cab for Cutie's Narrow Stairs. Listening. Will be back. They're mainstream now...? Oh well.
PS - Ohmigosh, that guitar solo in Bixby Bridge Canyon. 0.0

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home