Sunday, June 08, 2008

Green slime

I have realized, not without shame, that I am as capable as Howl Pendragon in covering everything with green slime when I'm in a sulk. Especially when I don't get my way.

And on top of that, I have this really stubborn streak that would surprise a few people once they know about it (I think).

Not good, but there they are.

Anyway.

Went to KLCC with Yuvyhavy, Grace, Kennetto and Sha today!

Haven't met up with them for months. Had a really great day :) I haven't talked this much in weeks mah.

Took the train there...and as usual, KTM was slow, Putra was packed, and the ticket lines were long.

[I asked my father about the one-way ticket thing; he said that some people in the past bought return tickets for Putra and thought you could use it for more than one day. Hmph, why don't they put up huge signs about the policy then? Anyway, what he said was that now Putra doesn't encourage people to buy two-way tickets. I need me a Touch-and-Go card.]

You'll be surprised to know that we actually do utilize public transport within and without Subang Jaya ;)

Kinokuniya was squee-worthy. Discworld novels selling for much cheaper than MPH.

I had to drop by Parade for Howl's Moving Castle though.

I am a most single-minded young lady. If I want a book, I am determined to search until I get it.

Shame it doesn't apply to other things though.

Sister went for the Roxy Summer Splash. According to her report, none of the adolescent boys there got over-excited at the sight of young girls in bikinis.

Whoever said that boys will have a hard time concentrating in school because the white shirt of girls' uniforms were "too transparent" and made every male in the vicinity horny, please take time to observe the behaviour of the ordinary male in our everyday society.

It's an insult to guys for saying that. And to imply that girls who wear the required school uniform are inviting rape and sexual harassment - that statement was, to put it truthfully, extremely narrow-minded. I laughed when I read that. And then I was annoyed.

I still get worried sometimes, walking back alone. And then I get annoyed, because I'm not deliberately putting myself in danger - why do I have to fear something because of the few idiots out there?

And the Death Cab for Cutie gig here in August hasn't been confirmed yet. I don't think anyone can protest that the band's performance will be "too revealing".

Ben Gibbard's glasses are amazing. They look like the ones my grandfather used to wear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

yer.. everyone's got a nickname.. except for ME!

sob.
sniff.

11:37 pm, June 12, 2008  
Blogger Lynn said...

Grace! =( I couldn't think of one at the time...I didn't forget, Glace Tan!

11:44 pm, June 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home