Saturday, May 31, 2008

The memist

I like doing memes. Especially at 2 a.m. because I had a long nap this afternoon evening.

Stolen from Yin Kit's blog! :P

1. Do you eat a lot of fast food?
I think so

2. Were you happy when you woke up today?
Grumpy

3. Are you an understanding person?
I don't know

4. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
Prince Caspian

5. What did you last get upset about?
The ridiculously inflated price of books

6. Do you eat candy on a daily basis?
No

7. Does it make you happy to get letters in the mail?
The last one I got was the letter from NS. Of course I'm going to defer.

(That statement in the papers - "only working teens are sent to the third batch", or something like it, was wrong. Very. I suppose PTS students are currently working right now, yes?)

8. What are you looking forward to this summer?
It's summer here, every single day!

9. Who was the last person you ate with?
Family

10. Do raisins belong in cookies?
No. Chocolate chips do, in any cookie.

11. What's your screen name?
Aqua Axis

12. Walking into a party, what's the first thing you notice?
Do I know anyone here? (I'm shy, obviously ;)

13. Are you currently taking a science class in school?
Nope, thank goodness

14. You've just won a free vacation to either South America or North Korea?
South America, I guess. Half the world away.

15. Would you rather have chicken or steak?
Chicken, since I don't eat beef

16. What's one thing you've learned?
Don't be too critical. Or analytical.

17. Who was the last person you took a picture of?
Sister.

18. Would you ever donate blood?
I don't even like hanging round blood drives =/

19. How many snack machines are in your school?
Dunno

20. Do you believe in karma?
Yes, definitely

21. Are you good at telling jokes?
I don't think I am

22. Do you wish you had smaller feet?
Nah, already have the smallest feet in the family. Sister bemoans the fact that she can't wear my shoes :)

23. Have you ever had a best friend who was of the opposite sex?
Close friends, yes, but best...I don't have any.

24. When ordering sushi, what do you get?
Don't eat much sushi

25. What were you doing at 10 am?
In class

26. Are you different now than you were six months ago?
I know I'm more obsessed with David Archuleta anyway. Other than that - no.

28. What was the last beverage you spilled on yourself?
Water, probably

What, exactly, is the purpose of doing memes in the first place?

Quote of the day:

"The strawberry yogurt is probably not important. Would your life have been different if it had been banana flavored? Who can say?"

~ Malicia Grim, The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents, Terry Pratchett

Going through this phase where I'm optimistic and cynical at the same time.

Law class today, and the lecturer was giving an example about how there must be an exchange in a contract - and the exchange must have monetary value. Her example when something like this: Let's say someone gives you his/her promise to love you forever, in exchange that you will pay his/her bills, get him/her a car, etc. Is that a valid exchange? I mumbled something about "love has no monetary value"...which the lecturer heard, and to which she commented on my "cynical and materialistic observation". (She has this dry Brit humour, pretty funny at times.)

Dang it, since when did I get so pessimistic?



But David A says it's okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home