Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The enchantment has ended

The most unthinkable thing happened yesterday.

I am still reeling from the shock -

ahem.

Anyway. Went Borders in the evening, with lots of time to spare. Right. D'you know how big the Sci-fi and Fantasy sections are there? Separated samore. Cool eh?

Not cool. Definitely NOT cool.

Terry Pratchett was lumped into two measly short shelves in Fantasy. Young Adult section only had Tiffany Aching books (all three were Wintersmith - I got one, heh) and one measly-looking Amazing Maurice. Lots of Garth Nix. An over-abundance of Phillip Pullman (all with prices trying to be more expensive than the older editions).

Right. I saw how few the Discworld books were, and it was then that I had an epiphany. An unpleasant one.

Borders doesn't have everything.

It's a terrible thing to ruin someone's haven. Seriously.

So Borders didn't have the Discworld books I wanted. The Wintersmith ones were not as pristine as I would have liked...am glad for MPH's rabid book-wrapping in this case. Not that I went home empty-handed...I got Thief of Time and Wintersmith to complete my Tiffany Aching series.

Read a bit of The Virgin Suicides pun. Twisted eh.

I'm just - you know - disappointed. And some of the books didn't look as though they had been properly handled, what with the little bends in the corners and the sorry-looking spines.

And Neruda's poems were all very interestingly priced. Poetry being made more accessible, my foot.

Oooh look, someone writes about his perfect bookstore.

Right. Kinokuniya. If only I could drive. Meh.

The undang textbook has so many grammatical and spelling mistakes, it's more interesting to look out for them than to read the actual text...

And over here Neil Gaiman gets involved in a marriage proposal.

Out of this world eh? Maybe someone will propose to me by asking Matt to sing the question <3 It'd be something really cool to tell the kids anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger eyeris said...

Wintersmith. Hardcover. RM29.90. Amcorp Mall. BooksXcess. GO NOW.

12:28 am, November 29, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

OMG!

SERIOUSLY??!!!!!

Thank you! =D

2:11 pm, November 29, 2007  
Blogger xi lynn said...

eh,dn't need talk put in the blog about enchanted la.got problem?arh
sie liao!
i know la patrick dempsey very leng chai?got problem?
wateva!!!!

8:20 pm, December 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home