Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's magic lah!

Couldn't help it, ahahahahahahahahaahaha -

Well anyway, if you loved Mr. Potty and his much celebrated wand (yes I'm talking about that wand that couldn't be snapped except by some lucky fluke of a curse from Hermione, wonder why), then do try reading Garth Nix's the Old Kingdom trilogy. I read the second book, Lirael, before any other - well there's only three, heh - and have just started the first.

Better than Potty?

YEAH.

Creepier than I'm-Whinier-than-Thou-Voldy?

YEAH.

No house-elves?

YEAH.

No Draco Malfoys?

YEAH.

No random bits of info from insufferable know-it-alls about wands and the like?

HELL YEAH.

Awesome?

YEAH!

Better than Philip Pullman's trilogy?

I DON'T KNOW! I haven't read any Pullman books yet lah!

Okaaaaaaay...maybe I'm biased, because I still - CANNOT - stop thinking about HARRY POTTER. I actually posted something on the class forum last night at 1 a.m., if you do go to the place anymore. (And ignore the time saying that my latest post was at 12.29 a.m., the moderator made a mistake with the time setting. Hem hem. You reading this?)

Oh I aaaaaaache.

And Stardust won't be showing here till November, so you are going to be stuck listening to my Potter rants till Nix blows me away, or I get to watch Stardust before November. (Tell me if you do :)

I love the whole concept of Charter Magic in Nix's books; much more...mystical, more magical, than wand-waving and saying thingies. That wand thing is a bit cliched, don't you think so? And Nix then introduces Free Magic and the Dead - I'm starting to get creeped out here, with all that description of the Dead and necromancy. It is the seventh month now after all...

Weird thing happened last thing. Was brushing my teeth at 2 a.m., and instead of seeing pure white toothpaste foam coming out of my mouth while I brushed, the foam was stained bloody red. Spat everything out immediately, rinsed my mouth - more blood, than yelled. I couldn't find which part of my mouth was bleeding though, and after several rinses, the bleeding stopped. Very freaky. I'm used to a little bleeding when I brush my teeth - braces kan - but last night's was definitely out of the ordinary. And it was 2 a.m., mind you. Plus I didn't taste any blood before brushing, so where did all that blood come from?

Oooooooookaaaaaaaay...I'm scaring myself again. Always get a bit jumpy during the seventh lunar month, though I know it's mostly my over-active imagination playing tricks.

Halfway through One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest already. One stack of books to go. Yum.

By the way, have you read any books by Margaret Atwood? I've flipped through The Robber Bride, but got bored halfway. The book's not mentioned as much as her others though, like Oryx and Crake, or The Handmaid's Tale. Was tempted to buy the latter on my birthday Borders trip but I didn't get it because I wanted Krauss's book and Plath's. (Limited resources, unlimited wants. Economics, yeah hah.)

Checked in Parade's Rock Corner for KT Tunstall's new album...alamak, I think I got the dates mixed up! The album hasn't been released at all - ah well. Earliest release would be in Ireland and Germany. I think there are some leaks though - found two songs from the new album online, and they were perfect when I streamed it.

Too eager, way too eager.

Am I going to continue reading Potter?

NO.

Still obsessed over him?

YES!

Is Garth Nix a good writer?

YES!

Is Yuvha becoming more mengada now?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home