Friday, August 24, 2007

One of those times again

Nah, nothing emo. I've been in a good mood today - I didn't even get annoyed when my Pride and Prejudice DVD got stuck halfway!

Anyway, was spending most of the afternoon reading this Lupin/Tonks fanfic...because yes, I've switched fandom for the time being. I will be staying away from Dramione for the moment, and haven't gone back to reading anything with Scorpius and Rose since the last time. Hey, it's nice to read canon for once :) at least it fills in the gaps that it could. This Lupin/Tonks fic is mostly fluffy though, and slightly long-winded (yes Chin Lei, this is a fic rec for you) but the Sirius characterisation is love. Just like how I would like him to be. And for bonus points, it doesn't have any emo-whining Harry or anguished Hermione or hurt Ron in it. Lots of Sirius's wise-cracking remarks though, and some slightly risqué jokes...some people wouldn't believe I actually laugh over. Nothing NC-17, though it's in the mature rating. And it - isn't - restricted!

And found this link on someone's blog. Had me laughing so hard, I think it gave me cramps. Or maybe not. One of my favourites: When you breath, you inspire. When you do not breath, you expire.

I think teachers just don't tell us about the answers they get in our exam papers. I wonder why though. It'll be embarrassing...but at least not as embarrassing as reading the students' marks out in class. I always hate teachers doing that.

Found out today that KT Tunstall's Drastic Fantastic is already released. Didn't see any promotional posters or anything, did you? I'm going to head over to Rock Corner this weekend, and hopefully they have it. The few songs I've managed to hear online are really good.

Hannibal Rising. I think I want to risk watching it, though the idea of blood makes me squeamish. But Gaspard - gasp - have you seen the icons on LJ and in magazines? *todiefor!*

Woke up at 11 something today, and some neighbour at the back had been pounding on some metallic - probably their back door - for the last hour. I'm not too sure, I kept waking up and going back to sleep since 9. Looked out the window without my glasses, and the next door Indonesian maid barked out with a rather rude "Apa intai-intai?" Didn't say anything, I was too sleepy anyway. I was thinking of a sarcastic reply in English, but then again, no point in getting into an argument with someone so early in the morning. Besides, I didn't even see her face, my eyesight was so bad. But, erm, woman, you've been banging on the bloody door for the past hour, and it's hardly a crime to look out my window and see who's been doing the bloody racket, is it? And I wouldn't be spying on you too - I'm perfectly straight and prefer people near my age, thank you.

“Rubbish with girls,” Remus said, raising an eyebrow at her. “Ergo I spend a lot of time reading.”

It's from the fic rec. Tell me I don't have a rubbish sense of humour :) Just occurred to me somehow...

Fortean Times Magazine, another something I've snitched off Gaiman's blog. A weird mag dedicated to reporting strange phenomena and oddities...which actually exist. It's not like The Quibbler, but it does have some pretty unbelievable reports. Hey, gives me an idea...The Quibbler. I did attempt to write my Quibbler once a few years ago - or was it the Daily Prophet? - but it bombed, because I didn't tell anyone about it, and because I had - and still have - zero ideas on how to write journalistically. (It's a made up word, heh, "journalistically".) But it gives me an idea now...tell me if you have any suggestions. Be as weird and random as possible, I'll like that, thanks. And no, you cannot suggest that lemons fuel brain cells, because Adams already did that. (Actually it was the lemon juice itself being used as a substitute for a working rational brain...never mind.)

Chatty today, though I haven't told you anything much, d'you notice?

I've got so many unread books now, it'll take another half-year to finish them. Not that it puts me off at all, mind you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home