Saturday, June 30, 2007

Good Morning, baby!

Stupid Livejournal isn't working.

But Blogger is, of course ;) Blogger is always available, quick, up to date, always ready whenever you need it...unlike some other blog-hosting sites...

The Harry Potter bug has got meeeeeeeeeeeee....did you see the pictures of Dan in the Tokyo premiere? Ooo, hot sangat. His cheekbones are lovely, not as prominent as Matt's. You can hardly call Dan a drug-addict, and he isn't gayish (no offence to anyone, but some people think strange things about Molko and Matt), PLUS he has a wand! A nice swishy little wand! With which he will duel with Voldemort - who doesn't look like someone with bad skin this time - and then Harry will be kissing Cho!

Wonder what's the hype about the kissing scene. Hardly interesting. Blah. I'm not jealous, nope. Now if Draco had kissed Hermione...that'll be a much different story. Indeed.

Funny thing. Speculations are rife that the barman in the Hog's Head is really Aberforth, Dumbledore's brother. Remember Mundungus was in there too? And when you think about it...how many members of the Order are required to do guard duty on Harry? One? Two? Do they trust Mundungus enough to let him guard Harry alone in Hogsmeade? Hey look, I'm starting to get all excited about this theory. And what happened to Aberforth anyway? His demise wasn't mentioned in the book...and if Voldemort feared Dumbledore that much, would he overlook his brother? Does that make sense to you?

Go here for quotes from Rowling. Massive archive. And lots of theories, some debunked, some looking extremely interesting and likely.

Been looking at Mugglenet too for the past few days. Am getting very happy. Pre-ordered the book dah, by the way. The end of the End. Finally. This will be the end. Ahahahahahahaha.

And for those who want or used to love or is currently in love with the Transformers, head to Eyeris's blog, to find out more. He's been in Optimus Prime mode for the past month. Said in a recent post that he's watched the movie...three times...and once in his Optimus Prime helmet. No, seriously.

Chin Lei, if you're going to go watch Hot Fuzz, oi remember to tell me ah!

THINK Online is still unavailable...not too sure what happened. Was it banned? Needs password to enter, isn't that weird...and if it is banned, shouldn't something be done to The Cicak too? Not that they have much in common, but this idea about filtering sites on the internet can get ridiculously out of hand, methinks.

And from the blog of The Malay Male, this line that made my day: I look at myself in the mirror and my clothes began to combust from the sheer hotness of my image.

Awesome. At least he admits it to himself.

Anyway, I'm bored. I'm kind of chucking out the emo image now. Not that I did have much of an image before this...never mind. Thing is, emo goes only so far before you start rebelling against its...erm...thingy...innate emo-ness. No wait, innate is the wrong word for it. I don't even know what it really means. Right. Online Dict. Still donch unnerstan. Aiya who cares la.

I was a...victim...poor girl involved...anyway anything la...someone involved in a small example of harassment yesterday. Not something you can call harassment, but it's still freaky. I was waiting at the bus stop after college, at about 1, and this van just happened to pass by. This group of guys inside, all dressed in the same shirts, started whistling and calling. I'm not too sure whether I'm supposed to laugh or get offended. On the one hand, it's sad to think that I even want to look at them despite their admirable efforts to get my attention, but on the other hand, it disturbs me to think that they thought I would be flattered with their attention. Right, mate. They're men. Not one of us. Hwahwahwa.

And they're weird la. I'm hardly attractive/attention-seeking material. I was looking my nerdiest, thank you. You get turned on looking at me ah? (Ahahaha, so perasan.) Or you get turned on seeing a girl on her own? (That's...disturbing.)

Right. The title. A song by Bic Runga and Dan Wilson, from the American Pie OST. Downloaded it about a year ago, only catching on right now. And look, a vid of Something Good! She's so pretty...heh.



Don't look at me like that, mind you. Yuvyhavy, mi amor. I'm sure you missed me, tch tch.

Okay. I've run out of things to talk about. No wait - let's see how long I can stretch this post. It'll be fun! (Well only for me...but that doesn't matter. It's better than me going emo...well anyway.)

Livejournal's working again! Wheeeeeeeee! By the way, I'm still updating my LJ blog. Nothing much, but if you could just head there sometime...and leave a comment...

Eeeyer, it's like I'm shamelessly promoting myself. *bitchslap* Wahahahahaha. Poor Lynn.

Plath Plath Plath Plath...hmm, I want one for my birthday. Best thing, gimme the money. Then let me loose in Borders. With an unlimited budget. Really.

I'm sleep-deprived. It's true. I was so cranky last night that I went to sleep at 1 a.m., something which doesn't happen on Friday. Then woke up at 12 today. Bliss.

Rajinder is all quack and no flap. Har har.

Oh yeah, remember Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright? It was covered by Jeff Buckley - who was gloomy, yeah - and many many others. Wait...Simple Plan?! ZOMG! Heyyy...even Rice and Fiona Apple covered it too. And Spektor. Fu-yoh.

The song was written by Leonard Cohen, who seems to be pretty well-known in the lit world himself. I read his book Beautiful Losers in the INTI Library once, but gave up halfway, as the plot kind of split and shattered towards the end. I wasn't sure whose POV I was reading. Can be quite disturbing, ahem. And weird and wacky and melancholy.

Watched Keeping Mum on Astro just now. Maggie Smith was so deliciously eeeeeeeevil. Was laughing my head off. As usual. And Rowan Atkinson - Chin Lei told me this! - has a degree in electrical engineering! Major stoner kan! Well it was for me...

Anyways, can't wait to see more Smith in Harry Potter. Hope they don't cut out the part where she tells Peeves that the chandelier unscrews the other way...oh no. OH NO. They cut out Peeves in all the movies right? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

And Draco looks so freaky in the new movie clips. And he isn't in the trailers AT ALL. This is a simply scandalous outrage.

har harharharhahrhahrhahrhahrhahrhahrhahrhaharharharhar

Don't use bad writing as an excuse. We know how it all goes in the end.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

6 Comments:

Blogger Yuvha Dharshini said...

i did not miss you BUT i did miss the satay i think ish. OH i wanna watch hot fuzz too! and transformers! and harry potter! friday! and then i wanna eat bbq! yummy weekend. see you miamor =))

9:57 pm, June 30, 2007  
Blogger chinlei said...

yeen, u're hyped up over hp yet u're still not getting hp7??
. . .
and draco IS in the trailer. one small bit. blink and you'll miss it.

and did u know that leonard cohen is the father of the lead singer of "low millions" yang sudah pupus tu? hee, i random.

10:34 pm, June 30, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

Yuvha!!!!!!!! Mi amor! Of course of course! Can't wait to see you too! =D

Chin Lei - I'm getting I'm getting I'm gettinggggggg HP7...heh, I wrote in there that I got what. Tak baca? :P

Awww...Drakey was in there ah? I missed la =(

Seriously?! The guy's father was Leonard Cohen?! Walau!

12:41 am, July 01, 2007  
Blogger eyeris said...

er... can ask a favour ar? Can tolong don't use my real name with the link ar? I'd like to keep it anonymous TYVM. :D thanks!

12:32 am, July 03, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

Oh...it's you =D

Well you kinda gave away your identity on one of your posts la. The one on reviewing books.

Kay, will change the name!

12:48 am, July 03, 2007  
Blogger eyeris said...

yeah, but i still prefer not to have MC = eyeris in plain sight mar. haha

thanks anyway. :D

3:42 pm, July 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home