"Who said anything about panicking?"
Ford: "Life," he said, "is like a grapefruit."
Creature: "Er, how so?"
Ford: "Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast."
They're all from The Hitchhiker's Guide. Don't worry. I don't think life is like a grapefruit. Personally though, it's more like Maggi mee goreng. You get bits that you don't like - carrots and onions, bits that you like - the noodly thingies, and bits which you can do with and without - the veggie and the occasional cabbage shreds. And there's never ever a plate of Maggi mee that's the same as the next. Ah, beauty. Spice of life with paprika and ginger. Like grapefruit.
And men. And women. And darling kitties.
"Simple. I got very bored and depressed, so I went and plugged myself in to its external computer feed. I talked to the computer at great length and explained my view of the Universe to it," said Marvin.
"And what happened?" pressed Ford.
"It committed suicide," said Marvin and stalked off back to the Heart of Gold.
You have to give Marvin credit for trying. He never asked to be made. Which, when you think about what Sartre was arguing about at one time, it does make sense. We didn't ask to be born, and when we are, we have to take responsibility for everything we do. He was an atheist though.
Oh, gloom. Blah.
Yuvha has just asked me to pinch her the next time we meet. Her cheeks, that is. Her face cheeks. There's no harm in being specific, mi amor.
It's nice having conversations with people when you're happy, but I guess I tend to scare them off when I AM happy. So I end up having conversations with myself. Fascinating girl Lynn is, you can't imagine. And she tells me that she likes the Hitchhiker's Guide too.
"I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat inside me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." [Zaphod Beeblebrox]
Who, me? I'm weird? Have you taken a look at yourself lately?
I tend to end up on Wikiquote's page on the Hitchhiker's Guide whenever I'm happy. I wonder why.
Pure genius. You have ABSOLUTLELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE MISSING. DON'T PANIC.
"You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." [more Zaphod Beeblebrox]
He has two heads, is the President of the Galaxy, and kidnapped Arthur Dent's girlfriend Trillian at first. And his brain is powered by lemon juice, freshly squeezed. I mean, doctors say that fruits are good for your brain right? They were right!
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Right. He's great. He doesn't have any idea what he's talking about, just like how we don't have any idea what he's really saying. He's a philosopher, by the way.
"I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel!"
It's okay if you're feeling a bit freaked out right now. I feel the same way too.
It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.
You have just GOT to love Adams after this paragraph. I know I do.
Creature: "Er, how so?"
Ford: "Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast."
They're all from The Hitchhiker's Guide. Don't worry. I don't think life is like a grapefruit. Personally though, it's more like Maggi mee goreng. You get bits that you don't like - carrots and onions, bits that you like - the noodly thingies, and bits which you can do with and without - the veggie and the occasional cabbage shreds. And there's never ever a plate of Maggi mee that's the same as the next. Ah, beauty. Spice of life with paprika and ginger. Like grapefruit.
And men. And women. And darling kitties.
"Simple. I got very bored and depressed, so I went and plugged myself in to its external computer feed. I talked to the computer at great length and explained my view of the Universe to it," said Marvin.
"And what happened?" pressed Ford.
"It committed suicide," said Marvin and stalked off back to the Heart of Gold.
You have to give Marvin credit for trying. He never asked to be made. Which, when you think about what Sartre was arguing about at one time, it does make sense. We didn't ask to be born, and when we are, we have to take responsibility for everything we do. He was an atheist though.
Oh, gloom. Blah.
Yuvha has just asked me to pinch her the next time we meet. Her cheeks, that is. Her face cheeks. There's no harm in being specific, mi amor.
It's nice having conversations with people when you're happy, but I guess I tend to scare them off when I AM happy. So I end up having conversations with myself. Fascinating girl Lynn is, you can't imagine. And she tells me that she likes the Hitchhiker's Guide too.
"I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat inside me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." [Zaphod Beeblebrox]
Who, me? I'm weird? Have you taken a look at yourself lately?
I tend to end up on Wikiquote's page on the Hitchhiker's Guide whenever I'm happy. I wonder why.
Pure genius. You have ABSOLUTLELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE MISSING. DON'T PANIC.
"You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." [more Zaphod Beeblebrox]
He has two heads, is the President of the Galaxy, and kidnapped Arthur Dent's girlfriend Trillian at first. And his brain is powered by lemon juice, freshly squeezed. I mean, doctors say that fruits are good for your brain right? They were right!
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Right. He's great. He doesn't have any idea what he's talking about, just like how we don't have any idea what he's really saying. He's a philosopher, by the way.
"I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel!"
It's okay if you're feeling a bit freaked out right now. I feel the same way too.
It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.
You have just GOT to love Adams after this paragraph. I know I do.

3 Comments:
Heya... I wanna ask u something... can u post my video here? haha its some wacko video i did... the ending sucks.. but maybe u can take a look at it 1st. Heres the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=buyO4jqOwDg
OK BYE... chat later hahahahaha
btw its -X2-
yeen! hahah you scare me off though by putting that ANNOYING LOOK. Gotta kill chin lei for that =P.
Heh, V for Vendetta is this week! better catch it!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home