Stuck on rewind
I fancy that most people who think at all have done a great deal of their thinking in the first fourteen years. ~ C. S. Lewis
If what he said were true, I would be living in mental stagnation now. Maybe I am.
Another phase, just another phase. Mood swings again.
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket — safe, dark, motionless, airless — it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. ~ Lewis
Funny. You'd never have thought that comic strips can make you cry. But this did.
If what he said were true, I would be living in mental stagnation now. Maybe I am.
Another phase, just another phase. Mood swings again.
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket — safe, dark, motionless, airless — it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. ~ Lewis
Funny. You'd never have thought that comic strips can make you cry. But this did.

3 Comments:
Hullo!
Douglas Adams' writing sounds goood. I'll go look for the book soon!
I like the second quote, its like daring someone to take a risk despite the consequences and all...
I love Calvin and Hobbes!!! gotta invest in those comics...
We were just watching Pan's Labyrinth, though we've not finished it since (can you BELIEVE this?!) the CD wouldnt play the last two chapters of the movie...so basically, we're left with no end to the story till we got get a replacement....
3 reasons to NOT stop reading this blog:
1. its refeshing
2. provides much information on many stuffs
3. I love it!
Thanks Ameera! :)
I wanted to put that comic strip up too! Haha.
It reminded me of someone, actually.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home