Saturday, March 17, 2007

Short short stories

I've talked about this a long time ago, about flash fiction. No, it has nothing to do with criminal flashing; flash fiction is a new style of writing, in which entire stories are compressed into 50 or much less words. The shortest stories so far only amount to 6 words. Sharon Bakar wrote about it earlier this month. Neil Gaiman wrote about it sometime ago - last year, I think. Another article here, with examples from some popular writers of today.

The most touching one is Ernest Hemingway's, one of the first flash fictions:

For sale: baby shoes. Never worn.

Just that, six words. What do you think?

The one which got me laughing was Margaret Atwood's:

Longed for him. Got him. Shit.

And yes, William Shatner's too:

Failed SAT. Lost scholarship. Invented rocket.

The Fratellis's Baby Fratelli is hilarious. The video AND the song. So goooooood!

I wish it made sense like a joke that no one gets ~ Wishing I was There, Natalie Imbruglia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn! A final comment before I leave :)

LOVE YA!

(it really does mean something when I say it ok? i cringe when i say things i don't mean. and i didn't grind my teeth together.

so it means i mean it :D )

2:26 am, March 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home