Mr. Brightside
146. Why Harry Must Die:
a) Global warming is a serious problem. Harry Potter books = lots of paper = waste of paper = senseless destruction of forests = global warming. For the future of mankind and Mother Earth, Harry MUST die in Book 7.
b) The movies suck. No comment.
c) Dan Radcliffe has a better future of acting naked onstage than a career as Harry Potter. Give the guy the break he needs.
d) Emma Watson is getting on my nerves. No Harry = no Hermione = no annoying Emma Watson smirking.
e) Rowling is getting on my nerves. Harry isn't like most teenagers I know. Except for the whole whiny, "why is my life so pathetic" aspect. Then again, he IS the Boy Who Lived.
f) I do not like the way Rowling keeps portraying Ron like a dim nitwit. If Harry dies, then there's no Ron, which means I won't get irritated again.
g) I want my life back.
h) I don't know...I just want Harry to die. However, my good sense tells me that Voldemort will die instead, and everyone will be magically transported to Narnia and Rowling will spout some Plato crap.
I'm still sore about the Narnia ending, you see.
Anyway. Went to the MPH Warehouse Sale today. Shahira....it was even better than the previous years'! :)
I bought:
1. Coraline - Neil Gaiman
2. When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - Judith Kerr
3. Black Harvest - Ann Pilling
4. Maskerade - Terry Pratchett
5. The Hours - Michael Cunningham
6. Unfinished Tales - J. R. R. Tolkien
The first three are children's books I have read...they were going for RM5 though, and they were my favourites. Belilah. Total was almost hundred bucks; angpow money crying to be spent.
Funny. I was supposed to go all emo just now.
Right, saw this illustrated kids' book: The Adventures of Farkably Markably. (Or something like that.) The name sounds obscene, no? Can you imagine your four-year-old kid running round singing:
Farkably Markably went up the hill
To take his girlfriend out for a meal
He was found in a shed
With his girlfriend's head
So Farkably Markably was sent to hell.
I made that up. But you get the idea.
Grace tagged me to do this meme. Here goes:
Rule of the game: Each player of this game starts off with ten weird things or habits or little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!
1. I often imagine what my funeral will be like and who will attend it. Who're you calling morbid?
2. I'm a sodding romantic in denial.
3. I'm slightly obsessive compulsive. Not diagnosed, but I'm exhibiting signs. Then again, self-diagnoses are often wrong.
4. I refused to admit that I liked boy bands until I was eleven. Denied everything back then, until I had my first crush at eight or nine.
5. I had my first crush at eight. Or nine.
6. I had a major crush on Artemis Fowl when I was fourteen. No, seriously.
7. I'm still hoping that magic exists.
8. I used to catch tadpoles in paper cups with my best friend when we were in primary school. We often reached school early and it was the afternoon session. Walked across the field to the massive puddle in the middle and squelched in the space behind the canteen (where the hall is now) almost every day before classes to catch tadpoles. Can't remember what we did with them.
9. I argue with myself regularly.
10. I used to take part in snail-squishing in kindergarten. My group of friends would carry this plastic seesaw and drop it on some poor snail before class each morning. Then we would take turns sitting on the seesaw to crush the snail. When the snail was not properly crushed - oozing slime and broken shell - my best friend, the fattest guy in class, would sit on it. I think we stopped when we killed a mommy snail one morning. We were very surprised to see the yellow eggs, and after that, the snail-squishing kind of stopped. But we did continue with the caterpillar-tickling after school.
(Caterpillar-tickling started when the teacher warned us not to touch them, as it would make our skin itchy. We thought - since the caterpillars are so evil to make us feel itchy, why don't we make them feel itchy instead? So we tickled them with sticks and twigs after school. I remember a caterpillar once dropped on the floor somewhere, and someone trod on it. Being the innocent darlings we were, we got all excited and squealy over the squished mess. Those were the days. Now I can't even laugh at my own private joke without someone looking strangely at me.)
Tagged:
1. Matt Bellamy
2. Brian Molko
3. You
4. Lord Moldy
5. Flying Spaghetti Monster
6. Your pet, sister or brother. Or your grandmother too, if you like.
Ramen.
P.S. - Guess what's Pn Fathiah's nickname this year - among the Form One kids? Sexy mama.
a) Global warming is a serious problem. Harry Potter books = lots of paper = waste of paper = senseless destruction of forests = global warming. For the future of mankind and Mother Earth, Harry MUST die in Book 7.
b) The movies suck. No comment.
c) Dan Radcliffe has a better future of acting naked onstage than a career as Harry Potter. Give the guy the break he needs.
d) Emma Watson is getting on my nerves. No Harry = no Hermione = no annoying Emma Watson smirking.
e) Rowling is getting on my nerves. Harry isn't like most teenagers I know. Except for the whole whiny, "why is my life so pathetic" aspect. Then again, he IS the Boy Who Lived.
f) I do not like the way Rowling keeps portraying Ron like a dim nitwit. If Harry dies, then there's no Ron, which means I won't get irritated again.
g) I want my life back.
h) I don't know...I just want Harry to die. However, my good sense tells me that Voldemort will die instead, and everyone will be magically transported to Narnia and Rowling will spout some Plato crap.
I'm still sore about the Narnia ending, you see.
Anyway. Went to the MPH Warehouse Sale today. Shahira....it was even better than the previous years'! :)
I bought:
1. Coraline - Neil Gaiman
2. When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - Judith Kerr
3. Black Harvest - Ann Pilling
4. Maskerade - Terry Pratchett
5. The Hours - Michael Cunningham
6. Unfinished Tales - J. R. R. Tolkien
The first three are children's books I have read...they were going for RM5 though, and they were my favourites. Belilah. Total was almost hundred bucks; angpow money crying to be spent.
Funny. I was supposed to go all emo just now.
Right, saw this illustrated kids' book: The Adventures of Farkably Markably. (Or something like that.) The name sounds obscene, no? Can you imagine your four-year-old kid running round singing:
Farkably Markably went up the hill
To take his girlfriend out for a meal
He was found in a shed
With his girlfriend's head
So Farkably Markably was sent to hell.
I made that up. But you get the idea.
Grace tagged me to do this meme. Here goes:
Rule of the game: Each player of this game starts off with ten weird things or habits or little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!
1. I often imagine what my funeral will be like and who will attend it. Who're you calling morbid?
2. I'm a sodding romantic in denial.
3. I'm slightly obsessive compulsive. Not diagnosed, but I'm exhibiting signs. Then again, self-diagnoses are often wrong.
4. I refused to admit that I liked boy bands until I was eleven. Denied everything back then, until I had my first crush at eight or nine.
5. I had my first crush at eight. Or nine.
6. I had a major crush on Artemis Fowl when I was fourteen. No, seriously.
7. I'm still hoping that magic exists.
8. I used to catch tadpoles in paper cups with my best friend when we were in primary school. We often reached school early and it was the afternoon session. Walked across the field to the massive puddle in the middle and squelched in the space behind the canteen (where the hall is now) almost every day before classes to catch tadpoles. Can't remember what we did with them.
9. I argue with myself regularly.
10. I used to take part in snail-squishing in kindergarten. My group of friends would carry this plastic seesaw and drop it on some poor snail before class each morning. Then we would take turns sitting on the seesaw to crush the snail. When the snail was not properly crushed - oozing slime and broken shell - my best friend, the fattest guy in class, would sit on it. I think we stopped when we killed a mommy snail one morning. We were very surprised to see the yellow eggs, and after that, the snail-squishing kind of stopped. But we did continue with the caterpillar-tickling after school.
(Caterpillar-tickling started when the teacher warned us not to touch them, as it would make our skin itchy. We thought - since the caterpillars are so evil to make us feel itchy, why don't we make them feel itchy instead? So we tickled them with sticks and twigs after school. I remember a caterpillar once dropped on the floor somewhere, and someone trod on it. Being the innocent darlings we were, we got all excited and squealy over the squished mess. Those were the days. Now I can't even laugh at my own private joke without someone looking strangely at me.)
Tagged:
1. Matt Bellamy
2. Brian Molko
3. You
4. Lord Moldy
5. Flying Spaghetti Monster
6. Your pet, sister or brother. Or your grandmother too, if you like.
Ramen.
P.S. - Guess what's Pn Fathiah's nickname this year - among the Form One kids? Sexy mama.

2 Comments:
Haha hilarious! Caterpillars and sexy mama XD
Hahah! you are vicious lah! snail squishing? who would have thought yeen lynn to be such a heartless murderer? lol!
OMG!! @.@ sexy mama??? pn fathiah??? I'm in a daze!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home