I never ever wanna crash ~
Funny thing. I came home in a daze after the Muse concert yesterday, and halfway through my late late dinner of Campbell's corn and mushroom soup, I found myself humming Placebo's Special K. And that's the song which has been replaying in my mind all day today.
Oh right. The concert.
PHENOMENAL.
SPECTACULAR.
SURREAL.
INDESCRIBABLE.
NERHWEGVPOQEJ4POQIOKEJIOWSERU4WOI5JTWJKERJWQIUIQ35T :P
They were - they were - they were - were - were -
Okay. First the teeny minor details.
Matt was wearing a red track top and red trousers when he came onstage; Dom and Chris both in black buttondown shirts. Dom was just wearing jeans though...what a disappointment. We thought he would be wearing some outrageous colour again, but no...
Okaaay, okaaaaaaaaay...we - Ainaa, Surekha, Chin Lei, Ainaa's friend and I - split into two groups. Ainaa and I went to the Arena Rock Zone (mind you don't ever tell my parents that, or I'm going to personally ban you from entering this site in the future) while the rest went to the RM83 free seating section. The so-called VIP area was a complete failure; people pushed to the front when 8 p.m. rolled round, and everyone was packed very tightly, regardless of tickets. We waited till 8.45 p.m., when the lights went off abruptly - I didn't manage to catch the moment when Muse walked onstage - and people started pushing really badly then. Ainaa and I tried to get to the front lines; people started jumping; lines of people were swaying and then, people started falling down, on top of each other. Didn't get out of hand; no stampede, thankfully! - but there were a few people who had to be rescued by the Rela officers - and Ainaa and I were panicking when she fell. Someone helped her up (my god, who was that guy?! We have to thank him!) and we got out of there, fast. Desperation, panic...we were just pushing people out of the way, trying to get to the sidelines. Surprise, surprise, the side had a really good view of Matt - just Matt, but then that was what I mainly came for, right - and we had an absolutely great time there. Besides, the screen with close-ups of Matt and the rest of the band was right before us, so yeah, no loss. (And I could breathe freely without worry.)
Had a GREAT time there. We were screaming like idiots, and just jumping jumping jumping at almost every chorus. (My calves still hurt.) Midway through the concert, there was this schoolboy swinging his shirt above his head - he had his singlet on lah - and screaming: "I love you Matt! Marry me!" Ainaa joined in, with: "I love you Matt! Marry me! I wanna have your babies!!" (I hope you don't mind me mentioning this here, Ainaa... :P) Then Matt launched into another song, and we were yelling again. We were right beside the speakers too, so we couldn't hear anything we were saying. No matter, no matter. Matt's voice is the only one to hear.
All right, the playlist is as follows - from MuseWiki:
1. Knights of Cydonia
2. Hysteria
3. Supermassive Black Hole
4. Butterflies & Hurricanes
5. Assassin (extended)
6. Citizen Erased
7. Hoodoo
8. Apocalypse Please (short)
9. Feeling Good
10. Sunburn (piano)
11. Starlight
12. Plug in Baby
13. Map of the Problematique
14. Time is Running Out
15. New Born
Encore:
16. Soldier's Poem (Acoustic guitar)
17. Invincible
18. Stockholm Syndrome+ riff
19. Riff + Take a Bow
Nineteen songs! Didn't feel like it at all! Lasted till nearly 10.40 p.m., which was way better than Singapore's 75 minutes.
Predictably, Time is running out and Starlight had the crowd singing along, the best responses. During the first chorus of Time, Matt was just standing away from the mike, letting the audience sing instead. Surreal. I was screaming myself hoarse then. When they came back for the encore and played the very low-keyed Soldier's Poem, many people had their lighters and handphones out in the air. I was turning round and round looking at the seats with those flickering little lights; they were beautiful...hmm mmm.
I was dazed after the concert; my memory's retrieval system had temporarily blanked out and I was just going "mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." and listening to the others yakking away happily. The adrenaline rush was still on at night, couldn't sleep. I wanted to weep in English today - first class of the day, and it was boring me to death - and the adrenaline rush had ceased, abruptly, unpleasantly. Talking about the concert again during lunch got me spirits up, and I am right now listening to Hullabaloo, given to me by the lovely Ainaa Azhar. :) If you want any songs, message me yeah; I'll be happy to send them to you.
I can't remember how many feet I jumped on last night! Most of them just smiled and continued with their fun, but there was one woman with her boyfriend who gave me this horrified look when I leapt on her feet. Many girls were there with their boyfriends: some really rocking out together, some just looking pretty and bored. (Think about all those people who never got the tickets!) And there was this tall guy - a six-footer at least - who stood near Ainaa and I throughout the whole concert with his arms crossed and silently watching Matt. Aiyo. Chin Lei and Su told us that those people in the seating zones just...sat there, for the whole concert!
Chin and Su reported that they spotted many important people there too - people like JJ, Rudy and Adam C lah. Didn't see them pun. When you have Matt there before you, why look at them eh?
*Psst...I didn't manage to get the high I wanted last night. Almost there, but I've got better 'highs' before just listening to their songs in my bedroom, doing Add Maths. How sad I was.*
Muse played nearly all my favourite songs! The ones they didn't were Bliss and Space Dementia. But they DID play Plug in Baby.
I can't remember last night properly yet. I keep getting memory flashes, with very brief glimpses.
I got what I wanted, oh boy, and there's one of my life's goals achieved. (Don't tell me that you are disturbed at what my life's goals are; it's good to dream kan. =)
After the concerts, the organisers people were selling merchandise and CDs. Muse shirts for RM90! I didn't get anything, though the three girls did; the only memento I have are two long scratches on my left upper arm. I wonder how they got there; didn't realise it until my sister pointed them out when I got home. Nope, not by Matt, probably by some rabid fan or by me myself banging against a fence or barrier; I have no idea.
Matt Matt Matt...he was skipping down steps when returning to the stage for the encore - Ainaa and I had a VERY good view; he leapt across the stage with his guitar (I want! I want!!); he made his trademark sex faces - go view them on MuseWiki, why doncha; had his red track top off halfway through the concert - didn't somebody tell him about Malaysian weather?; and during Stockholm Syndrome, he stood very straight, fingers playing the guitar like hell, one leg back and turned up his nose at the crowd, almost like he was saying: Oh yes, I'm the god, worship me, while everyone went wild, insane. They released white balloons with red confetti in them then...people were throwing bottles, spraying water, bursting those balloons...
Ow. My neck hurts; my left arm hurts; my legs ache when I walk.
But darling, it was all worth it.
Ah, more wishful thinking. After this concert, it's like there's a huge possibility that any musician can perform here now! I want:
1. KT Tunstall
2. Jamie Cullum (Matt didn't break anything last night; Cullum has a reputation for damaging pianos, by the way)
3. Placebo - me the recent Placebo/ Brian Molko convert :P
4. Damien Rice
5. Regina Spektor
6. Maksim
Watch this. Brian Molko in all his glory.
No hesitation
No delay
You come on just like special K
Just like I swallowed half my stash
I never ever want to crash
Oh right. The concert.
PHENOMENAL.
SPECTACULAR.
SURREAL.
INDESCRIBABLE.
NERHWEGVPOQEJ4POQIOKEJIOWSERU4WOI5JTWJKERJWQIUIQ35T :P
They were - they were - they were - were - were -
Okay. First the teeny minor details.
Matt was wearing a red track top and red trousers when he came onstage; Dom and Chris both in black buttondown shirts. Dom was just wearing jeans though...what a disappointment. We thought he would be wearing some outrageous colour again, but no...
Okaaay, okaaaaaaaaay...we - Ainaa, Surekha, Chin Lei, Ainaa's friend and I - split into two groups. Ainaa and I went to the Arena Rock Zone (mind you don't ever tell my parents that, or I'm going to personally ban you from entering this site in the future) while the rest went to the RM83 free seating section. The so-called VIP area was a complete failure; people pushed to the front when 8 p.m. rolled round, and everyone was packed very tightly, regardless of tickets. We waited till 8.45 p.m., when the lights went off abruptly - I didn't manage to catch the moment when Muse walked onstage - and people started pushing really badly then. Ainaa and I tried to get to the front lines; people started jumping; lines of people were swaying and then, people started falling down, on top of each other. Didn't get out of hand; no stampede, thankfully! - but there were a few people who had to be rescued by the Rela officers - and Ainaa and I were panicking when she fell. Someone helped her up (my god, who was that guy?! We have to thank him!) and we got out of there, fast. Desperation, panic...we were just pushing people out of the way, trying to get to the sidelines. Surprise, surprise, the side had a really good view of Matt - just Matt, but then that was what I mainly came for, right - and we had an absolutely great time there. Besides, the screen with close-ups of Matt and the rest of the band was right before us, so yeah, no loss. (And I could breathe freely without worry.)
Had a GREAT time there. We were screaming like idiots, and just jumping jumping jumping at almost every chorus. (My calves still hurt.) Midway through the concert, there was this schoolboy swinging his shirt above his head - he had his singlet on lah - and screaming: "I love you Matt! Marry me!" Ainaa joined in, with: "I love you Matt! Marry me! I wanna have your babies!!" (I hope you don't mind me mentioning this here, Ainaa... :P) Then Matt launched into another song, and we were yelling again. We were right beside the speakers too, so we couldn't hear anything we were saying. No matter, no matter. Matt's voice is the only one to hear.
All right, the playlist is as follows - from MuseWiki:
1. Knights of Cydonia
2. Hysteria
3. Supermassive Black Hole
4. Butterflies & Hurricanes
5. Assassin (extended)
6. Citizen Erased
7. Hoodoo
8. Apocalypse Please (short)
9. Feeling Good
10. Sunburn (piano)
11. Starlight
12. Plug in Baby
13. Map of the Problematique
14. Time is Running Out
15. New Born
Encore:
16. Soldier's Poem (Acoustic guitar)
17. Invincible
18. Stockholm Syndrome+ riff
19. Riff + Take a Bow
Nineteen songs! Didn't feel like it at all! Lasted till nearly 10.40 p.m., which was way better than Singapore's 75 minutes.
Predictably, Time is running out and Starlight had the crowd singing along, the best responses. During the first chorus of Time, Matt was just standing away from the mike, letting the audience sing instead. Surreal. I was screaming myself hoarse then. When they came back for the encore and played the very low-keyed Soldier's Poem, many people had their lighters and handphones out in the air. I was turning round and round looking at the seats with those flickering little lights; they were beautiful...hmm mmm.
I was dazed after the concert; my memory's retrieval system had temporarily blanked out and I was just going "mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." and listening to the others yakking away happily. The adrenaline rush was still on at night, couldn't sleep. I wanted to weep in English today - first class of the day, and it was boring me to death - and the adrenaline rush had ceased, abruptly, unpleasantly. Talking about the concert again during lunch got me spirits up, and I am right now listening to Hullabaloo, given to me by the lovely Ainaa Azhar. :) If you want any songs, message me yeah; I'll be happy to send them to you.
I can't remember how many feet I jumped on last night! Most of them just smiled and continued with their fun, but there was one woman with her boyfriend who gave me this horrified look when I leapt on her feet. Many girls were there with their boyfriends: some really rocking out together, some just looking pretty and bored. (Think about all those people who never got the tickets!) And there was this tall guy - a six-footer at least - who stood near Ainaa and I throughout the whole concert with his arms crossed and silently watching Matt. Aiyo. Chin Lei and Su told us that those people in the seating zones just...sat there, for the whole concert!
Chin and Su reported that they spotted many important people there too - people like JJ, Rudy and Adam C lah. Didn't see them pun. When you have Matt there before you, why look at them eh?
*Psst...I didn't manage to get the high I wanted last night. Almost there, but I've got better 'highs' before just listening to their songs in my bedroom, doing Add Maths. How sad I was.*
Muse played nearly all my favourite songs! The ones they didn't were Bliss and Space Dementia. But they DID play Plug in Baby.
I can't remember last night properly yet. I keep getting memory flashes, with very brief glimpses.
I got what I wanted, oh boy, and there's one of my life's goals achieved. (Don't tell me that you are disturbed at what my life's goals are; it's good to dream kan. =)
After the concerts, the organisers people were selling merchandise and CDs. Muse shirts for RM90! I didn't get anything, though the three girls did; the only memento I have are two long scratches on my left upper arm. I wonder how they got there; didn't realise it until my sister pointed them out when I got home. Nope, not by Matt, probably by some rabid fan or by me myself banging against a fence or barrier; I have no idea.
Matt Matt Matt...he was skipping down steps when returning to the stage for the encore - Ainaa and I had a VERY good view; he leapt across the stage with his guitar (I want! I want!!); he made his trademark sex faces - go view them on MuseWiki, why doncha; had his red track top off halfway through the concert - didn't somebody tell him about Malaysian weather?; and during Stockholm Syndrome, he stood very straight, fingers playing the guitar like hell, one leg back and turned up his nose at the crowd, almost like he was saying: Oh yes, I'm the god, worship me, while everyone went wild, insane. They released white balloons with red confetti in them then...people were throwing bottles, spraying water, bursting those balloons...
Ow. My neck hurts; my left arm hurts; my legs ache when I walk.
But darling, it was all worth it.
Ah, more wishful thinking. After this concert, it's like there's a huge possibility that any musician can perform here now! I want:
1. KT Tunstall
2. Jamie Cullum (Matt didn't break anything last night; Cullum has a reputation for damaging pianos, by the way)
3. Placebo - me the recent Placebo/ Brian Molko convert :P
4. Damien Rice
5. Regina Spektor
6. Maksim
Watch this. Brian Molko in all his glory.
No hesitation
No delay
You come on just like special K
Just like I swallowed half my stash
I never ever want to crash
~ Special K
Never ever.

3 Comments:
Woooo!!!! :)))))))
I had a fantastic time, and I'm sore all over. Hahaha.
ahya..im sooo jealous lah! XD
OMG! THE ECSTASY HASN'T DRAINED OUT OF ME YET! I'M STILL HIGH!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home