Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Go cry about it why don't you ~

Limewire was working spiffingly well yesterday, and I just went crazy, downloading about five songs at one go. I'm almost done with downloading Rice's 9 illegally; though Rootless Tree seems to evade me even as I type this.

Anyway, it's Valentine's Day today, obviously. I was in the library and in classes most of the time, and my college had some Chinese New Year celebrations, so yep, I was spared the anticipated over-the-top displays of affection. The only guy I went lunch with today was....Kenneth Chaw Jee Wai with 5 other ex-Fourians. Guess who they are.

And because I'm feeling so happy, I'm going to post John Mayer's Slow Dancing in A Burning Room here. It's not a proper video, but the music is really good. Very. I'm currently addicted to it, in fact.



It's not a silly little moment
It's not the storm before the calm
This is the deep and dyin' breath of
This love we've been workin on

Can't seem to hold you like I want to
So I can feel you in my arms
Nobody's gonna come and save you
We pulled too many false alarms

We're goin down
And you can see it too
We're goin down
And you know that we're doomed
My dear
We're slow dancing in a burnin room

I was the one you always dreamed of
You were the one I tried to draw
How dare you say it's nothing to me
Baby, you're the only light I ever saw

I'll make the most of all the sadness
You'll be a bitch because you can
You try to hit me just hurt me
So you leave me feeling dirty
Because you can't understand

We're goin down
And you can see it too
We're goin down
And you know that we're doomed
My dear
We're slow dancing in a burnin room

Go cry about it why don't you
Go cry about it why don't you
Go cry about it why don't you
My dear, we're slow dancin' in a burnin' room,
Burnin' room, burnin' room
Don't you think we oughta know by now
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow
Don't you think we oughta know by now
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow
Don't you think we oughta know by now
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow


And because I'm also in a somewhat snarky mood today, I'm going to include Placebo's The Bitter End in this special V Day post too. The title of the song is, of course, self-explanatory.



Reminds me that it's killing time
On this fateful day ~


See you, darling.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya!

Brr didnt think this particular JMayer song would give me the chills. I mean, 's not like I've had experience or anything...

Hmm looks like Placebo's probably a lil like Muse for me. Takes some getting use to. The only one from Placebo I really like is A Song to Say Goodbye. Pure Morning isnt so bad too. But the lyrics are something else.

See ya Friday!

10:51 pm, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

Hey Ameera! =)

Placebo...took me some time to get used to them too, but after I did - and after I saw how good-looking Brian Molko was :P - I've been converted into a minor fan. They tend to get much more depressing than Muse though...

See you Friday too! :)

11:08 pm, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home