Friday, October 29, 2010

Six impossible things before bedtime

Ever lost something that you can find every day, but which is somehow precious in its scarcity, in the pleasure it gives you, in the memories associated with it?

I'm talking about my Boh teabags, in case you were wondering...I brought the 25-bag box over here. Probably half of the buggers left, and the one I used just now was a dud - no string!!! - and I had to throw the tea bag away after steeping the tea. Damn. What a wrench, as Lipton here looks like tea, smells like tea, but does not taste that much of tea.

Anyways, updates on the terribly fascinating life of this scintillating blogger - as Stan said before, you can dedicate your book to your "scintillating wife" (it was his textbook, not the book what he wrote). I prefer "psychotically addictive". Just saying. I want to be your kind of drug. Like Bella.

Okay, updates, like you wanted to know.

1. I Shall Wear Midnight by Pratchett is probably one of his darkest YA books yet, after Nation. Go read Nation. Go. If they ever filmed the book, I'm going to be there at the premiere with tissues. That scene where Mau buries the dead - ah, don't want to spoil it. Read.

2. South Park may be gross, and crass, and determinedly un-PC, but they do bring up quite interesting points. Like the many creative deaths of Kenny.

3. Just an observation - in Hollywood, right, rom-coms usually end with the main leads kissing, and then its happy ever after bla bla bla, yes? So if the situation were different, where the characters kiss in the first half instead, does it mean that there won't be a happy ever after, or the characters don't ever end up with each other? Do they? Or do they not? *braaaaaaaaahhhhhmmmmmmm* Was it a dream? An inception? A total lie?

4. I have a terrible, terrible urge to smash your goddamn ego. You know what's fun? Not caring what you want to do now. Like all things worth perfecting, I'm practicing it every day. Wouldn't you like to know the result?

5. I am aware that some people think my mood swings are nearly psychotic. Not really. I just get moody. Maybe I'm in denial about it, but hey, emo's good. I write better when I'm emo. No don't look at this blog as an example - I'm talking about other things. Maybe I am just that little bit crazy - it's like craziness has become the cool thing to have. No. But I don't apologize for my moody phases, maybe that's why it's so uncool.

You know what's fun? Not worrying about the same things, the same people, all the time.

6. Dearest, I think I'm going mad again. But it's not all about you this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home