Sunday, October 24, 2010

Do you hate when I say these things?

I find that the more thoughts that I have, the less I want to write in here. I haven't been busy, not exactly - last Friday to Tuesday was fall break, and I was basically an unproductive pig. But I digress.

I hadn't noticed how much earlier night comes these days, until I walked home after work yesterday at 7. It's almost properly dark at that time now, and it rained last night, one of those slow autumn rains. And leaf mould. I can live with crunchy dry leaves, but leaf mould is bloody depressing. And the DHL man left my package containing my new iPod outside my back door and I'm pissed because helloooo, the damp could have got to my shiny new iPod dshfjsajJSA!1!11!!!11!! But it's all right. I have a lot to be thankful for.

If you had told me my life now back before I came here, I wouldn't have believed you. I would have laughed, and thought you were expecting too much for me. But it's not all good - still, I suppose you'll remember the good times longer than the bad.

This post is so empty I want to delete it, but then again, read what you will.

Here, have a Pratchett quote on me.

You can't say "if this didn't happen then that would have happened" because you don't know everything that might have happened. You might think something'd be good, but for all you know it could have turned out horrible. You can't say "If only I'd..." because you could be wishing for anything. The point is you'll never know. You've gone past. So there's no use thinking about it. So I don't.

Granny Weatherwax, bless her soul, tends to say things I can live by.

The gloomy melancholy weather is getting to me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home