Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rumpus mampus

Hello peoplez! I en't dead, just busy. I'm sure you missed me, but I've had so many assignments and homework to do, which I'm sure you're not concerned about, so Live Long and Prosper \\//, and Spock approves.

One of my Finance classes this sem requires my group to plan for a hypothetical company. You know, decide how much to sell, at what price, what investments to make, what machinery to buy, etc etc. I'm wondering if I can actually just, you know, bankrupt the entire thing and see whether stocks become totally worthless...but I won't, cos we have to write a 40-page report on it by the end of the semester. So better not eh. Although it'll be fun.

I want Java Chip.

I've realised that some authors write one sentence for an entire paragraph. Somehow I can't; it's like there isn't enough said to have that one sentence in a paragraph of its own. But that's where the effect comes in, doesn't it...and it isn't good to be verbose all the time anyway. Cos, the sentence shouldn't break the flow of the narrative/dialogue/monologue/whatsgoingonhere, should it? Unless you like random stuff, in which case the story might head nowhere. Or somewhere, maybe, but then it might become now here. Nowhere. Now here. Here now. I want to read DWJ's Fire and Hemlock. Yer.

Watched Sherlock Holmes and Where the Wild Things Are over the weekend. Yes! Loved them both. Robert Downey Jr. was hilarious, and he's like a cross between Arty Fowl/Johnny Depp at the same time. I like him playing the violin like a guitar. And the Wild Things were wild and fluffy and cuddly and unpredictable and violent and so much like...people. It's not a children's movie, despite the book; it's a movie about a child - or children - growing up. And it isn't pretty at times.

GIVE ME WARM WEATHER SOON.

Read some journal entry written last year, and it was already warm enough to wear fall/spring jackets by early March. It'll probably snow over Spring break this year then :(

I'm weirdly excited for the Daylight Savings change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home