Friday, February 12, 2010

Help, I'm alive

Thursday night and I have to sit for a test tomorrow. It doesn't get any sadder than this...

Apparently there are such things as winged cats. Mutation and whathaveyou. Next thing you know there'll be wings with chicken and then you know we're in trouble with the GM food.

TOY STORY 3 IS COMING OUT THIS SUMMER. I likes the trailer.

I'm going to try making deep-fried Mars Bars in summer. Because the US doesn't have Mars Bars. Helloooo future high blood pressure.

I find this is true. Mostly because it happens to me quite a bit.

***

Here, have a random story.

'Let's be honest with each other.'

There was a pause, in which the only light between the two people was the flicker of the tiny flame from a lighter.

'I thought we were before,' the second person said.

'Let's be...more honest with each other.'

'We could try.'

There was the smell of burnt paper, as the scrap of blue-lined paper turned to ash from the fire from the lighter. The hand holding the lighter clicked it once; the flame died, taking the light with it.

'I was up at Beacon Street last week, met this fella there - '

'The one I recommended?'

'Oh yes. He had those...things you told me about.'

'Wizards' magic-8 balls eh?'

There was a snicker. 'That and more. Oh and I was up by the bridge - '

'Which bridge?'

'Near the slaughterhouses.'

'Got a nerve, going there at night. The place stinks.'

'Yes, but no scent.'

A thoughtful pause.

'You know,' said the first speaker, 'if I didn't know better, I'd say you were actually thinking. Congrats.'

'Thank you.'

'So did you find them?'

'One of them anyway. And the dog.'

'Must've been hard to get that close to see the dog.'

'Nah, I was breathing through my hat.'

'The one what you keep your bottle in?'

'That's the one.'

'So was there a trade, like?'

'I gave him the message anyway. I could understand him.'

'Good then. Gives me the creeps. I'm sure it's the dog.'

'What dog?'

'Clever. Want a drink?'

'Sure. Who's paying?'

'Me. Ah buggrit, I seemed to have lost all my money.'

'Welcome to the city, lad. My treat this time.'

'If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was you who took my money.'

'Might be, might be. Or it might just be the fact that we're meeting in one of the shadiest parts of the city. You only lost money this time, it might be more than money the next.'

A sigh. 'Let's go get a drink.'

And then there was nothing else in the dark alley, except for the sound of a breath slowly exhaled.


***

I think the universe is paying me back for this year's V Day.

Can I just sleep through this year's CNY and wake up to find it's over?

It's depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home