This is the new year
Whoop. Had a countdown of sorts last night, in friends' place. No fireworks, and we were too arsed to go out - bloody cold - so we watched the clock on the net and shouted when it was 12 a.m. Oh and we watched fireworks on Youtube, except the vids were from London and Sydney. Jealous.
If the first night/day of the year is anything prophetic, it's going to be a supercallifragilistically cold year. -16 C when I woke up this morning, what the hell. With windchill it was -25 - I check the weather too much these days, hah. Anyway, was shivering in bed last night, and after I turned on the heater till almost maximum. Not funny. Definitely won't miss winter here when I leave. And my fridge feels warmer than my kitchen, trufax.
The first day of the year began like any other. I woke up; I talked to people online - that someone, family; I ate cereal. I went online and looked for random things. I ate one of my famous unnutritious lunches - I love instant noodles! nyahahahhaha - because I was too arsed to cook. I can cook, okays, but I was lazy.
I'm supposed to be studying, but it's the New Year. Sien.
Anyway, was off surfing The Guardian, what has better news on music and books and films compared to any of our newspapers back home. Ooo and they have these food columns, especially about people like Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Gordon Ramsay. And lots and lots of good pictures of food. And within these few months I've learnt a bit about people like Heston Blumenthal, and that Sophie Dahl (who's Jamie Cullum's fiancee, trufax) actually hosted a cooking show. The irony is that I read these columns while eating crap/junk food. See? I'm Exhibit A that exposure does not mean increased awareness which would lead to right action. (What what - I mean awareness of a healthy diet is yadda yadda yadda.)
Was babbling. But you read the last paragraph, so never mind.
Right. Was reading the list of the 100 best films of the decade, according to the Guardian, and it seems that Borat is the second best film of the decade. My brain, it has died. There Will Be Blood was the top film - mmhmm, I watched it once, for Paul Dano, and for Daniel Day-Lewis because I liked his acting in In the Name of the Father what I watched before Blood. It was so-so, and the ending had me laughing - "I drink your milkshake!" - erm, lol haha?
The rest of the list though...where is LOTR? What do you mean you think it's for kids? What about Amelie? Or Infernal Affairs...ooo, you had The Departed, so good enough la? Where is Atonement and the yumminess that was James McAvoy????
I need to watch Zoolander. Although I tend to avoid Ben Stiller movies. Rather watch comedy in which there is Simon Pegg. Or H2G2. Meh.
And because Muse didn't make too many Best of lists this year, I'm going to post this here.
If the first night/day of the year is anything prophetic, it's going to be a supercallifragilistically cold year. -16 C when I woke up this morning, what the hell. With windchill it was -25 - I check the weather too much these days, hah. Anyway, was shivering in bed last night, and after I turned on the heater till almost maximum. Not funny. Definitely won't miss winter here when I leave. And my fridge feels warmer than my kitchen, trufax.
The first day of the year began like any other. I woke up; I talked to people online - that someone, family; I ate cereal. I went online and looked for random things. I ate one of my famous unnutritious lunches - I love instant noodles! nyahahahhaha - because I was too arsed to cook. I can cook, okays, but I was lazy.
I'm supposed to be studying, but it's the New Year. Sien.
Anyway, was off surfing The Guardian, what has better news on music and books and films compared to any of our newspapers back home. Ooo and they have these food columns, especially about people like Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Gordon Ramsay. And lots and lots of good pictures of food. And within these few months I've learnt a bit about people like Heston Blumenthal, and that Sophie Dahl (who's Jamie Cullum's fiancee, trufax) actually hosted a cooking show. The irony is that I read these columns while eating crap/junk food. See? I'm Exhibit A that exposure does not mean increased awareness which would lead to right action. (What what - I mean awareness of a healthy diet is yadda yadda yadda.)
Was babbling. But you read the last paragraph, so never mind.
Right. Was reading the list of the 100 best films of the decade, according to the Guardian, and it seems that Borat is the second best film of the decade. My brain, it has died. There Will Be Blood was the top film - mmhmm, I watched it once, for Paul Dano, and for Daniel Day-Lewis because I liked his acting in In the Name of the Father what I watched before Blood. It was so-so, and the ending had me laughing - "I drink your milkshake!" - erm, lol haha?
The rest of the list though...where is LOTR? What do you mean you think it's for kids? What about Amelie? Or Infernal Affairs...ooo, you had The Departed, so good enough la? Where is Atonement and the yumminess that was James McAvoy????
I need to watch Zoolander. Although I tend to avoid Ben Stiller movies. Rather watch comedy in which there is Simon Pegg. Or H2G2. Meh.
And because Muse didn't make too many Best of lists this year, I'm going to post this here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home