Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oh the new year

Someone out there likes me. I'm certain of it. Like you reading this, for example. Unless you're here to correct my grammar or my strange thought processes, but the point is, you like me enough to read this. And to visit this place once in a while.

It's been a weird Christmas, and a weird Winter Solstice. I didn't even get to eat those coloured balls. Went to the Asian market today, and completely forgot about tang yuen. No mood, see. Sides, it's not so fun rolling rice flour into balls when your sister isn't there to make inappropriate jokes about balls past midnight. And I don't think I have ginger in the house cos I haven't been to Wal-mart since...erm - I can't even remember when was the last time I went grocery shopping. Before finals, probably. Two weeks ago.

I got a belated Christmas present today, anyway. That's why I'm happy enough to blog past midnight. And reading fanfics for the entire day makes me happy. And drinking tea at night.

Christmas - was in the Magic Kingdom kat Disney World in Florida. Too many people; too many lines. And I got puked on the legs by some random kid who happened to be in a stroller parked behind me. While I was watching some Christmas celebration thing with Mickey and co. And white horses and reindeer dancing on hind legs, wtf was that nonsense, don't ask me. That's what I got for Christmas - puke from a kid. Been eating too much sweets and chilli, probably, judging by the stuff I got on my socks and shoes. Parents shoved me a few tissues and one measly baby wipe, before the mum realised that Little Precious a.k.a Overstuffed Kid puked on himself. And then they made a big fuss on the kid. Me - I was tired, annoyed and cynical. Went to the restroom to clean myself off with water and tissues. There was this little Indian girl standing beside the tissue dispenser, watching me with this insolent look on her face. Wanted to snap at her, but resisted.

They're building the set for the Harry Potter theme park over in Universal Studios, due to be opened in 2010. And I had to go before they were done. My life is a tragedy.

Well not really.

I bought books online. I'm looking for new music online. I have fanfics. I overcook my vegetables, and learn that cornstarch needs to be used in moderation.

This post should be one of those "look back and think over the year", yeah?

Since I'm still wide awake, why the hell not.

The List

1. Experienced snow. And the grief of dry skin and cracked, bleeding knuckles.

2. Dorm life

3. Living in a completely different country

4. Friends with motives

5. People who do strange things, some who are friends

6. Living off-campus

7. Learning to cook

8. Finding that patience and persistence sometimes do work. And coincidence

9. Kiasu-ness

10. How to live in a tight-knit Malaysian community in a foreign country and not go crazy

11. Gossip

12. Annoying neighbours

13. Trust given; trust received; trust abused; trust mistook; trust appreciated; trust wisely

14. Trust Jun-Yi

15. Doing things I normally wouldn't do, like dancing onstage

16. How to be - somewhat - independent

17. Stalking

18. Drama

19. Learning to swear in various Chinese dialects

20. Online shopping

21. Brands like Gap and CK are not luxury brands here, people - so stop swanking round with the Gap shirt what you bought in KLCC, hur hur

22. Americanized Asian food. You who have never experienced the curry in my college cafeteria have never seen a more pathetic excuse for curry.

23. The American accent. And their overuse of the word "like"

24. How to do grocery shopping

25. Drinking tea with entirely too much condensed milk because I miss teh tarik

26. Visiting Chicago and Florida

27. Finding new friends, losing old ones

...I can't think of more.

Right. Bed time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I <3 4, 5, 9, 11, 14 and 17! =D

7:09 pm, December 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home