Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The thing about books

is that they take up space. A lot of it.

So now I have to decide what books to bring.

ARGH.

I've narrowed the list down to -

1. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman

which I bought earlier this month but belum even read - cos I has the willpower!

2. A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett

and...

3. not sure

I really don't know what to bring wei. Three books should be good enough. Yar.

Was cleaning up my bookshelves today, and realised that

a. they're really dusty
b. I have serious space problems
c. my list of To Read books isn't getting any shorter
d. I haven't touched my Harry Potter books ever since Book 7 came out

Hah.

Found my dusty, long-forgotten copy of Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses. Meyer's Twilight be damned - you want forbidden romance (and a believable one at that), conflict, bloodiness and the whole Romeo-Juliet shebang - read this book. And no, a happy ending isn't guaranteed. No bloody And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever, thank you very much. And no sparkles, which is an added bonus. (Plus I was half in love with Callum, but let's not go into that.)

Funny why I didn't continue reading the series.

And because it looks like good advice; Miss Tick's Advice for Young Girls Who are Training to be Witches:

1. Always face what you fear.
2. Have just enough money, never too much, and some string.
3. Even if it's not your fault, it's your responsibility. Witches deal with things.
4. Never stand between two mirrors.
(Because it'll make you dizzy. Trufax.)
5. Never cackle.
6. Do what you must do.
7. Never lie, but you don't always have to be honest.
8. Never wish. Especially upon a star, which is astronomically stupid.
9. Open your eyes, and then open your eyes again.


I've got a lot of advice coming my way lately. Hope I can remember them all XD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home