Saturday, November 08, 2008

Friday night moroseness

I'm sleepy.

And I'm supposed to be having fun with the calculator but I don't like how it's looking at me.

Jeez.

Anyways.

Just a few linkies.

The Dorian Gray teaser poster. See, I wasn't too happy when Ben Barnes was cast as Dorian. And then I decided that, aiya, I never really liked Dorian anyway, so who cares. Colin Firth's going to be Lord Henry Wotton, the dude who corrupted Dorian in the first place, and then you get Ben Chaplin as Basil Hallward, with his weirdly gayish obsession on Dorian. All at Wiki here.

Oh lols, Rachel Hurd-Wood will be playing Sybil Vane, who killed herself when Dorian dumped her. Girl's been stereotyped wei. She was so pretty in Madeleine Peyroux's A Little Bit here. (And my age pun, *gasp*!)

Yeah, so anyway, that Dorian Gray teaser poster.

It's worse than all the Twilight ones rolled together.

As the site name says - it's bloody disgusting. And they've managed to make Ben Barnes look even gayer with that hair - that itself is an achievement which impresses me.

Under "horror"...my foot. It's horrifying enough to see one of my favourite books mangled like that. I'm going to watch it for Firth and Hurd-Wood, ha.

SMeyer cites more fandoms and musicians as her inspiration and send more Twihaters chagrinning. There's

a. Muse - apparently she listens to Assassin while writing action scenes; Starlight for lovey dovey; Apocalypse Please for despair. I suggest you listen to Endlessly and Stockholm Syndrome and wonder why Meyer doesn't cite those - 'cos they describe Edward/Bella's weird relationship, doncherno

b. Anne of Green Gables - oh jeez, go ruin one of my favourite childhood series

c. Iron Man - because she doesn't make sense and she doesn't know it

d. Jane Eyre - which I don't care, because I couldn't stand the book

e. X-Men cartoons - oh yes she did

f. My Chemical Romance - *gigglesnort* After the epic My Immortal fanfic, MCR just doesn't work for meh...

g. Stranger than Fiction - OHNOSHEDIDNT...but she did. That scene where Harold Crick meets Emma Thompson's character and demands to know why she wrote his death in the story - Meyer had to cite one of my favourite scenes ever, did she now?

I'm rambling and it's not working.

Reading Pratchett's Monstrous Regiment right now. When you compare Polly Perks to Bella Swan, you wonder why Pratchett just doesn't get the attention he deserves.

And Maladict - he's a vampire who has sworn off blood after joining the League of Temperance (aka The Black Ribboners (1)) - with a serious addiction for coffee. Why coffee? Something to replace the blood, so he says.

Oh shi - I read a spoiler on Wiki. And Maladict is...I'll still take him over Edward Cullen any day.

Edit:

Found the quote I was looking for!

(1) The Black Ribboners: The Uberwald League of Temperance, made up of former vampires who now wore black ribbons to show that they had completely sworn off the sticky stuff, my vord yes, and much preferred a good singsong and a healthy game of table-tennis.

From Night Watch, of course.

In Meyer's universe, vampires like a good old singsong at the grand piano. And they play baseball.

So apparently someone hasn't been breaking the rules of vampirism eh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home