Pixies rock hard!
Yes, I'm still obsessed with Artemis Fowl. Like the rabid fangirls of the Deep Pit (i.e, Fanfiction.net), I am capable of squealing over the most disgustingly trivial things about Arty Warty. But I, being kind, shall spare you the pain.
Thing is, I'm running out of Artemis Fowl books to read. 6 in the series so far, 7th might be pretty far off (3 years, according to Colfer). So, being the deranged, unstable, obsessed fangirl I am, I turned to...
*cue thunder, lightning and falling D24 durians*
[By the way - did I mention how I ate durians in Balik Pulau a week ago? No? The durian was...good. Yep. After more than 10 years of avoiding durians, egad. Except that the first few bites felt like I was being kicked in the brain minutely.]
...er, sidetracked...
FANFICTION.NET!
Yeah.
Oh hey.
I still read fanfiction.
Even after all the nightmares I encountered searching for Artemis fics...my determination to find decent ones motivated me to achieve my goals. (Ahem ahem.)
Read this one here...about all the cliches in AF fics.
This is pretty good too - non-spoiler - about street-racing. Whoop. Though I would've preferred them racing in those titanium pods...ah well.
You know what I'm like when I read fanfiction. Obsessed. Totally shut out from the world.
One issue I have to gripe about though is how most of these writers insist on pairing someone with someone. Jeez, does everyone have to end up with someone? Is that a Golden Rule in fanfics or what? Can't people just stay friends regardless of "attraction" (reading too much between the lines, more like) or conveniently being the opposite sex?
It's like my favourite fictional characters have better love lives than me wei. Where got fair wan.
Also, them fanfic writers are a depressing bunch. Not many humorous fics...all that angst and drama and romance. Suppose they'll look cheerful on my bad days. Even in my darkest days, I am not a gothic fish, at least. Or named Enoby Ravenblack Persephone Hadesia Rhododendrena Gardenia.
Ah well. Holiday's almost over. Might as well squeeze in as much Arty time as I can.
Extreme pixie hard rock, baby!
Oh by the way, Artemis doesn't have much fashion sense, does he? Silk shirt, loafers, slicked-back hair...someone needs to recommend a stylist to him. And fast, before he actually starts dressing like his actual age, and all hope is lost.
And he has the same birthday as my sister. *sulks* No fair.
Thing is, I'm running out of Artemis Fowl books to read. 6 in the series so far, 7th might be pretty far off (3 years, according to Colfer). So, being the deranged, unstable, obsessed fangirl I am, I turned to...
*cue thunder, lightning and falling D24 durians*
[By the way - did I mention how I ate durians in Balik Pulau a week ago? No? The durian was...good. Yep. After more than 10 years of avoiding durians, egad. Except that the first few bites felt like I was being kicked in the brain minutely.]
...er, sidetracked...
FANFICTION.NET!
Yeah.
Oh hey.
I still read fanfiction.
Even after all the nightmares I encountered searching for Artemis fics...my determination to find decent ones motivated me to achieve my goals. (Ahem ahem.)
Read this one here...about all the cliches in AF fics.
This is pretty good too - non-spoiler - about street-racing. Whoop. Though I would've preferred them racing in those titanium pods...ah well.
You know what I'm like when I read fanfiction. Obsessed. Totally shut out from the world.
One issue I have to gripe about though is how most of these writers insist on pairing someone with someone. Jeez, does everyone have to end up with someone? Is that a Golden Rule in fanfics or what? Can't people just stay friends regardless of "attraction" (reading too much between the lines, more like) or conveniently being the opposite sex?
It's like my favourite fictional characters have better love lives than me wei. Where got fair wan.
Also, them fanfic writers are a depressing bunch. Not many humorous fics...all that angst and drama and romance. Suppose they'll look cheerful on my bad days. Even in my darkest days, I am not a gothic fish, at least. Or named Enoby Ravenblack Persephone Hadesia Rhododendrena Gardenia.
Ah well. Holiday's almost over. Might as well squeeze in as much Arty time as I can.
Extreme pixie hard rock, baby!
Oh by the way, Artemis doesn't have much fashion sense, does he? Silk shirt, loafers, slicked-back hair...someone needs to recommend a stylist to him. And fast, before he actually starts dressing like his actual age, and all hope is lost.
And he has the same birthday as my sister. *sulks* No fair.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home