Wednesday, August 13, 2008

And then it came to the end

Phew.

Finals is OVER.

Wheeeee.

Okay, let's talk Olympics.

Been following the swimming. Watching most of them. Cheering for some.

Not Phelps though. Yes I know he's the greatest swimmer alive, but too much media attention is starting to get on my nerves.

He isn't the only one who breaks world records, kay.

And that 4X100 m freestyle relay was really up to the last guy, Jason Lezak. That was amazing. Phelps was the first swimmer, and he wasn't convincingly fast (Said the sis: "He's not a sprinter." Ezackly.), and when it comes down to relays, it's the last swimmer that seals the deal. We were both screaming at the TV that morning, though we have nothing against the French team really. I wonder what went through Phelps's mind when he saw that US was trailing behind. And then Lezak makes this amazing comeback.

And reports fail to mention that the earlier US team broke the world record the day before during the semifinals without the help of Phelps. They sent in the A team for the finals. So they broke their day-old record by 4 seconds...which is amazing, but they did a good job, but I don't see why the other guys aren't mentioned, innit?

[Dang I missed the 4X200 freestyle relay this morning. But it wasn't such a close call like the 4X100m.]

Phelps this, Phelps that.

How come nobody mentions Kirsty Coventry wan? The white Zimbabwean swimmer?

Or Australia's Stephanie Rice?

Or Leisel Jones?

Or Kosuke Kitajima?

Or even Park Taehwan, the South Korean guy who happens to be only 19?

Or Katie Hoff? (19 too.)

I have nothing against Phelps la. He is a really good swimmer, but methinks media isn't giving the other swimmers attention too.

Anyway.

Nat Geo, on how a cat chased a bear up a tree. This is another reason why orange kitties RULE.

Now I'm on holiday. Till September.

Friends will be flying off to the US on the 17th of August - this Sunday =(

I'll be turning 18 soon.

And there's a whole pile of books for me to read in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home