Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oddities

It's one of those odd days.

When I'm weirdly happy.

Even when I found out something, which, on hindsight, I would have been upset about in the past. But I'm not now. It was expected.

When I watch a movie I never planned to watch.

When I just sod all thought or pretence at work and just do my stuff.

And read Pratchett's The Wee Free Men again. For a few days now - and here's the book, completed for the second time.

When it rains when I want it to.

When I realize that my phases of existential crappiness coincide with my mood swings and hormonal fluctuations.

When I'm proud of the phrase I thought up over the weekend: "Do that again and I'll rip off your f-ing gonads."

When the realization dawns that Miss Tick did have it right the whole time: Believe in dreams and you might as well starve yourself. Don't dream, don't hope - do something.

Chocolate Tiger biscuits is manna.

When I state here that my last name - Lynn - has similar meaning in two languages; the Celtic lin and the Chinese lin (there's the character for rain in it). And in Elvish too - but Tolkien just stole that from the Celtic. Triple whammy. I was born to be...wet.

When I find the sight of Jamie Oliver bashing gingersnap cookies into powder really, really amusing. (Tuesdays are food days on Discovery Travel and Living.)

When I quote my favourite part from The Wee Free Men from my second reading.

"We wuz misunderstood when we was wee bairns!" yelled Rob Anybody. "Ye're only pickin' on us 'cause we're blue! We always get blamed for everythin'! The polis hate us! We wasna even in the country!"

Am not making any commentary on current affairs, in case you were suspecting.

There, I've just made you go suspecting.

Oh. Chin Lei just asked me to watch this. From The History Boys. I can KICK myself for missing it on Astro last week.

Watch it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ameera said...

Hullo Yeen Lynn!

i watched the history boys a bit. i think I love it! If you do find the dvd, please share ;P!

(disgustingly shameless, I know)

2:22 am, August 04, 2008  
Blogger Lynn said...

Ameera! =D

Just watched it today. Friend downloaded it (I recced it to her :P) and she passed a copy to me...

It was gooooooooood ;)

9:41 pm, August 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home