Monday, July 07, 2008

How to get out of NS

Am already evaluating my options. News report today eh, about how the gomen will call up any kids or young adults who have not completed NS training after deferring.

I have deferred.

Now let's see, what are my options to avoid it...

Cut off age is at 25, so I'll have to make sure one of these happens before I turn 25.

1. Study. Not degree though. Aiyo I have to work la, and eat.

2. Stay out of the country till I'm 25.

3. Get pregnant every year after I'm done with my degree...until I'm 25. (not practical)

4. Have some doctor declare me legally insane.

5. Get into jail (not possible)

6. Hope the government scraps the NS thing (no way)

7. Hope nobody comes after me (possible)

8. Get a job in a government department (might work)

9. Marry, then tell them people when the call comes that my husband doesn't allow me to go

10. Fake an illness

11. Migrate to another country

No fair. Really not fair. You send us PTS students to the third batch - hooray hooray, we're all shaking legs at home, yay - and now you can't cut us some slack?

I mean, really, who wants to go for NS after completing tertiary studies? Do you?

And after all those reports of kids falling sick, and a few even dying...and from my cousin's reports of his NS camp, it ain't a holiday either, with dodgy food (food was the biggest issue, apparently)...I don't think I'll be looking forward to going. It wouldn't be practical, for one, and for another, there are so many kids out there who have nothing else to do with their time. Send them!

Oh yeah, and allow kids a year younger to go after they complete their SPM. Some of us would like to go, atcherly, but we're too young.

Am still pissed that they conveniently forgot about PTS students.

2 Comments:

Blogger pea said...

yeah.. NS is fun, worth going EXCEPT FOR FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate kampung fish.

and I miss M16......alot.

5:24 pm, July 09, 2008  
Blogger Lynn said...

Lol, pea!

Yeah, my cousin said the same thing. And he got a good camp too, somewhere in Perak. Wait...I think it's the camp I was supposed to go! =/

Ceh...M16 only mah :P

12:09 am, July 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home