Sunday, June 22, 2008

The incredibleness

Went to watch The Incredible Hulk yesterday. Edward Norton mah 80808080

And how was it?

I wasn't bored - that's good. Norton was good :) Eeee, *fangirl*.

Hulk? Well...the action sequences were good. Very Hollywood-y. Rain, check. Fire, check. Hulk angry, check. Hulk smash a lot, check. Kiss kiss, check. The humour was spot on, though. Heh heh.

Liv Tyler was too pretty. I dah tak tahan her in LotR - okay, the scriptwriters gave Arwen too much screen time - but she was just too pretty in here. Good? Yep.

All in all, worth the time and moneh.

And also - finally found Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle. Fell in love with the movie when I first watched it - the one with Romola Garai - and hunted for the book. Found it yesterday in Pyramid - I LOVE MPH! :P - and am delighted over it. Cassandra Mortmain's quirky, and believable and - ah well, will tell you when I'm done with it.

Went to Pavilion for the first time today. Happened to just drop by Speedy, and found Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle. Thing was, it was in the original Japanese. So asked the sales assistant if they had it in English. She looked blank, said something. Methinks she either: a) couldn't hear me over the music, b) didn't understand what I was blathering about, c) my Ingliss wasn't the powderful or d) her English wasn't fluent...she didn't have a local accent when she spoke. So she took me over to see another assistant. Woman gave me this look - the unfriendly "What do you want?" - and I repeated what I had said earlier. She pointed at the info at the back of the box - "in Japanese". Wanted to ram her head then. I know it's in Japanese, dammit - I asked if you had the English-dubbed version. And that look she gave me! Macam I bodoh or just dumb. Burn, bitch.

Sister later said she asked the same assistant, and woman was rude to her. Apparently she asked the woman if they had some Jap drama or other - woman just walked away without answering. Couldn't speak English kot. I don't blame her for not trying to speak in English. I just want to ram her head in because she looked at me as though I was some poor kampung kid who didn't know how to read the info on the back of VCD boxes. Bet you she didn't even know there was an English-dubbed version of Howl with Christian Bale. Don't know what you're missing in life, woman.

Anyways, Pavilion. Love the overall design. Lots of places to sit pun. Times was oh-kay - still prefer Borders any day. (Kino's a bit too cramped for me, and I don't like how fiction's placed along the main walkway.)

Ooo. Archey - please don't wear hats in the future. My loyalty to you remains uncontested - well, if Howl turns out to be real, then it might be - but please, no more hats.

He's blogging quite frequently on Myspace now. Not complaining :)

Hmpf. HarperCollins retired the old Howl cover. Now the only version I can find is the one I bought a few weeks ago. This one.



Howl looks like a gaylord, doesn't he? =(

And if you even think about implying that Gaspard Ulliel is gay - you don't want me to brain you when I next meet you.

PS - Edward Norton. Fangirls. LJ. Yay!

4 Comments:

Blogger pea said...

agree!!
Norton "virus"!!
hahaha~

11:04 pm, June 23, 2008  
Blogger Lynn said...

Norton can be a "virus" any day :) We need more Edward Norton love!

12:15 am, June 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean, he's not? :P

12:46 am, June 24, 2008  
Blogger Lynn said...

=.=" He isn't a virus, FYI.

Eh, you yourself said he was good in Fight Club what.

3:17 pm, June 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home