Rated 'Ook'
Like I said in my previous post, I'll be making a list of fictional female characters here. And mind you, they're a varied bunch.
1. Elizabeth Bennet
Yep, I think she's amazing. Ha! Even Darcy couldn't resist her. And I loved how she bitched back to Lady Catherine.
2. Anne Shirley
One of the sweetest, most imaginative and hilarious girls I've read about. Discovering her at the start of my teenage years was providential, I call it.
3. Tiffany Aching
Don't mess with her. Because a) the Nac Mac Feegles will, er, die to protect her, and b) she'll make sure you never messed with her.
4. Granny Weatherwax
One glare from her will freeze you for the rest of your life. Hee.
5. Esther Greenwood
The fact that The Bell Jar is semi-autobiographical makes this girl all the more fascinating. On top of that, she has ideas and thoughts that are relevant to me, at this point in time...methinks, if you have to ask me what book has the most impact on me in my teens, it'd be this.
6. Lirael
First time I read Garth Nix's Lirael, fell in love with the book. She sounds like your standard heroine (shady past, unknown talents, Chosen One), but the fact that she's believable really makes her memorable.
7. Laura Ingalls
Okay, technically she's not fictional. But I went through a phase where I read her books obsessively. Nearly have the entire series by now...except By the Shores of Silver Lake. If you see any selling cheap - tell me!
8. Anna
From When Marnie Was There. Don't ask me why, but this book still remains as a favourite with me, even though I'm past the age for it. She's hardly 'ordinary' to me.
9. Sophie Hatter
She just steals my attention every time she appears in DWJ's books. Love her. Though I should hate her really, since she's married to Howl.
10. Lyra Belacqua
Yes! Amazing kid. I wonder how she'll be when she grows up. Pullman's short stories aren't easy to get eh...the book looks nice, but the price will kill me.
I have a few other names, but am too lazy to think.
Maybe I'll make another list. Later ;)
PS - I need an alternative to MSN. Please do leave a comment if you have ideas. I iz desperate.
1. Elizabeth Bennet
Yep, I think she's amazing. Ha! Even Darcy couldn't resist her. And I loved how she bitched back to Lady Catherine.
2. Anne Shirley
One of the sweetest, most imaginative and hilarious girls I've read about. Discovering her at the start of my teenage years was providential, I call it.
3. Tiffany Aching
Don't mess with her. Because a) the Nac Mac Feegles will, er, die to protect her, and b) she'll make sure you never messed with her.
4. Granny Weatherwax
One glare from her will freeze you for the rest of your life. Hee.
5. Esther Greenwood
The fact that The Bell Jar is semi-autobiographical makes this girl all the more fascinating. On top of that, she has ideas and thoughts that are relevant to me, at this point in time...methinks, if you have to ask me what book has the most impact on me in my teens, it'd be this.
6. Lirael
First time I read Garth Nix's Lirael, fell in love with the book. She sounds like your standard heroine (shady past, unknown talents, Chosen One), but the fact that she's believable really makes her memorable.
7. Laura Ingalls
Okay, technically she's not fictional. But I went through a phase where I read her books obsessively. Nearly have the entire series by now...except By the Shores of Silver Lake. If you see any selling cheap - tell me!
8. Anna
From When Marnie Was There. Don't ask me why, but this book still remains as a favourite with me, even though I'm past the age for it. She's hardly 'ordinary' to me.
9. Sophie Hatter
She just steals my attention every time she appears in DWJ's books. Love her. Though I should hate her really, since she's married to Howl.
10. Lyra Belacqua
Yes! Amazing kid. I wonder how she'll be when she grows up. Pullman's short stories aren't easy to get eh...the book looks nice, but the price will kill me.
I have a few other names, but am too lazy to think.
Maybe I'll make another list. Later ;)
PS - I need an alternative to MSN. Please do leave a comment if you have ideas. I iz desperate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home