No, it's not about 08.08.08
It isn't =D
Happened to drop by this blog yesterday. Saw the Sigur Ros review. So downloaded the song, Fljótavík (A Place in Iceland). Loved it so much, I decided to - erm - listen to the entire album. Which I haven't done before, despite hearing and liking (a lot!) a few Sigur Ros songs in the past. Hoppipolla and Glosoli. Er. And a few weirder titles.
Go listen to Fljótavík, anyway. You won't regret it.
So anyways, the album, Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust, (English: "With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play Endlessly").
I can't start with a brief history of their music, since I'm not a fangirl. (I can tell you that Matt hates spiders. And that Dom wears bright-colored jeans during concerts to upstage Matt. Or that Jamie Cullum's birthday is a day after mine =) So I'll just tell you what I liked about it. Hee.
1. It's Sigur Ros - their sound, their ethereal music.
You can't imagine how cool it is listening to this at 3 a.m. with the lights off. And with less daytime sounds, it was...*sigh*. Try it.
2. Them singing in Hopelandic or Icelandic makes no difference to me. But that voice. Waaaaaaaaaaaah - Matt, you haven't got a falsetto like this wan!
3. Because there are no lyrics I can understand, I can make up my own interpretations of what the words mean. What the songs are talking about.
Can't think of others. But songs you have to listen to are...Fljótavík and Með suð í eyrum. Two of my favourites. And I didn't think I would take the trouble to listen to the entire album after downloading Gobbledigook from their site and being disappointed with it. But ah well.
Just something I listen to occasionally. Too much can be depressing, in a way...
Okay, the Olympics opening ceremony. Didn't think I would be awake to watch it - nap times are always skewed - but my father barged into my room at 8 p.m. and woke me up. So I did. Wah. That drum sequence was amazing. How did they do that?!
Now am looking forward to the Aquatics in the Water Cube. Wonder if I'll remember to watch though :P you know my attitude towards the idiot box.
Saw Daphne Lee's review - it wasn't really...that was the synopsis from the main site atcherly - of Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox in The Star yesterday. So the book's here already? 0.0 Finally! I WANT! I WANT!
So...did anyone get married yesterday? Just curious.
Happened to drop by this blog yesterday. Saw the Sigur Ros review. So downloaded the song, Fljótavík (A Place in Iceland). Loved it so much, I decided to - erm - listen to the entire album. Which I haven't done before, despite hearing and liking (a lot!) a few Sigur Ros songs in the past. Hoppipolla and Glosoli. Er. And a few weirder titles.
Go listen to Fljótavík, anyway. You won't regret it.
So anyways, the album, Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust, (English: "With a Buzz in Our Ears We Play Endlessly").
I can't start with a brief history of their music, since I'm not a fangirl. (I can tell you that Matt hates spiders. And that Dom wears bright-colored jeans during concerts to upstage Matt. Or that Jamie Cullum's birthday is a day after mine =) So I'll just tell you what I liked about it. Hee.
1. It's Sigur Ros - their sound, their ethereal music.
You can't imagine how cool it is listening to this at 3 a.m. with the lights off. And with less daytime sounds, it was...*sigh*. Try it.
2. Them singing in Hopelandic or Icelandic makes no difference to me. But that voice. Waaaaaaaaaaaah - Matt, you haven't got a falsetto like this wan!
3. Because there are no lyrics I can understand, I can make up my own interpretations of what the words mean. What the songs are talking about.
Can't think of others. But songs you have to listen to are...Fljótavík and Með suð í eyrum. Two of my favourites. And I didn't think I would take the trouble to listen to the entire album after downloading Gobbledigook from their site and being disappointed with it. But ah well.
Just something I listen to occasionally. Too much can be depressing, in a way...
Okay, the Olympics opening ceremony. Didn't think I would be awake to watch it - nap times are always skewed - but my father barged into my room at 8 p.m. and woke me up. So I did. Wah. That drum sequence was amazing. How did they do that?!
Now am looking forward to the Aquatics in the Water Cube. Wonder if I'll remember to watch though :P you know my attitude towards the idiot box.
Saw Daphne Lee's review - it wasn't really...that was the synopsis from the main site atcherly - of Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox in The Star yesterday. So the book's here already? 0.0 Finally! I WANT! I WANT!
So...did anyone get married yesterday? Just curious.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home