Monday, August 13, 2007

126. Force Voldy to listen to Bach for a week straight

Nothing against Classical music; it's the terms I've got a problem with.

Riiiiiiiiiiight...I've still got about 200 pages to read, plus lotsa music to listen to. Not complaining - Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring is awesome; lots of dissonant chords, the rhythm (!!) and the general crash ka-boom sound to it. Debussy's Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun is starting to bore me...Fauns are interesting creatures, methinks, but shut up and go to sleep already. Stravinsky's Rite caused a riot at its premiere, and I was thinking then - hey look, the beginning of modern rock! The mosh pit! Ahahahahahahahaha! (You don't hear Matt borrowing bits of Baroque or Classical; he's more towards Romantic.)

auribus percipe lacrimas meas - give ear to my tears. Wicked eh. You get these odd Latin songs in the book; mostly in the Middle Ages and Renaissance. Gregorian chants, see.

One more paper to go! Waiting, waiting, waaaaaaiting...

And how will your night dances
Lose themselves. In mathematics?


Plath again. Now excuse me, I've got to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home