Friday, July 13, 2007

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Yuvyhavy! The review! The review!

Okay. I'm going to be biased and say that this is the second best movie so far, after Prisoner of Azakaban. Reasons are as follows:

1. Harry actually seems genuine half the time! And Dan's cheeks being lovely didn't hurt either, heh.

2. LUNA LOVEGOOD! EVANNA LYNCH!!

3. LESS Emma Watson!

4. More Rupert! RUPERT RUPERT RUPERT!

5. Tom Felton in that full black suit! *dies* (well Chin Lei did)

6. Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge! I swear, that woman's awesome. (Which means she's eligible to join the League of the Awesomers! Yay!)

7. SIRIUS BLACK! I was disappointed with him in PoA, but loved him in this. Gary Oldman!

8. Nymphadora Tonks! She should have got waaaay more screen time!

9. Scenes! Love love love them! The escape from Privet Drive, the Thestrals, the Ministry of Magic, the prophecies smashing in the Hall of Prophecies, the awesomest duel between Voldy and Dumbledore - googly-eyed from watching. Mmmmmmmmm.

10. Ron being badass. Especially that part where he told Seamus off in the Gryffindor common room. That was hot. *fanfan* sqquuuuuuuueeeeeaaaaaaaal!

11. BELLATRIX LESTRANGE! Helena Bonham Carter was genius in this role. Me god. Loved her. She's insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!

12. That scene where Sirius fell through the veil. The book was really short, that part, but I got a bit teary-eyed when he just died like that. Snap - gone. Not affected by Harry's emoing though, just the fact that Sirius died so easily. And so soon after Harry found him.

13. The part where Voldemort possessed Harry. That was good. No screaming, no fake sobbing, no angsty emoing. *shudder* Dan Dan Dan...

14. The DA, but I thought Yates played up that part too much.

15. DUMBLEDORE! Awesome! *clapclap*

16. MUSIC!

17. RUPERT GRINT!

Kay, here are the grouses:

1. Not enough Weasley twins. I want them! MORE MORE MORE!

2. Cho and Harry's relationship. Forced, not expanded enough. Just - what - look look, talk talk, then cry, then kiss. Eh? What's going on? Then she ratted, and Harry just left her like that.

3. The fact that they made Cho look like a victim. Suspicious, innit, that she was the only who got fed the Veritaserum among the DA?

4. No shouting scene between Harry and Dumbledore after the duel with Voldemort. Not too sure if Dan could have carried that scene well - but that was one of my favourites in the book. Was looking forward to it. Ah well.

5. Lily was cut out from Snape's memory. So is Rowling hinting through the movie that there was basically NOTHING between Snape and Lily in the past, though there are so many speculations about them? *ponders*

6. Not enough shown of the conflict Harry had when he found out about the nastier side of his father. There were a few moments though, that could have shown, but didn't. When Sirius and Harry were duelling the Death Eaters, did you notice that the last thing Sirius said to him was something like, "Well done, James!"? I thought Harry could have shown a bit more emotion in that part, but no, Dan just had to stand and stare like he was confused. Let down by that.

7. The fact that this movie seems to be nudging towards a Harry/Luna shipper. We know where it goes in the sixth *sigh* Would have loved a Harry and Luna relationship. Evanna Lynch was pure gold.

8. Percy wasn't smug-ass enough. I forgot that that was Percy, but Chin Lei kept insisting he was. Hell yeah he was, but I expected him to look like a bigger prat. You know, the impression that he's the magnificently idiotic prat he was.

9. Ended too early. Felt the same thing during PoA. I WANT MORE!

All in all, I loved the movie. 8/10. Nyahah.

Went to watch in Pyramid with Grace, Chin Lei and Mandy...and we saw Sook Jean there with her college friend! The cinema was packed, and yeah, the audience was pretty good. Laughed at the right parts and all that. Mostly college kids, with bags and books and files. Friday mah.

Me sis dah bugging to go. YES! I get to watch for the second time!

Better than Transformers? YES.

Better than I expected? YES.

Better than I expected from reviews? YES.

Better than the Goblet of Fire? YES.

Surprisingly though, I wasn't bothered with the fact that Quidditch had been cut out entirely. Guess it's because not any of the Quidditch games have lived up to my expectations. What I get in my head is better than what I get onscreen. Oh well. You can't have everything.

This movie may feel disjointed somewhat, but good thing is (for me), they've included the parts that I really wanted to see. So yes, I'm happy with this. Very. In fact, I was cheering when the names of some actors came up in the end credits. Chin Lei didn't have to get very embarrassed because most people had left.

Tom Felton was uuuuuuggggggggggglyyyyyyyyyyy. Except for that three seconds in the black suit, which you can view from here.

And really nice Harry Potter icons from here. Just words, but I loved them. Am using some as my Messenger icons now! Have stolen mostly Ravenclaw ones. I have a big head, thank you!

HP7 in a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!

Thought I wouldn't be so crazy this time round. I'm worse than I was during the sixth book :)

Harry Harry Harreeeeeeeeeee
You drive me crazeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2 Comments:

Blogger chinlei said...

bad ass rupert is love!
i've gone for round no.2 already!

btw, do u think michael corner looks a lot like anne hathaway?

Just a thought. a random one. hee.

1 more week!!!

9:31 pm, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

ROOOOOOOON! Oh he was good. Very! :P

Michael corner does NOT look like anne hathaway. For the second time!

ONE MORE WEEK! YEEEEEESSS!!!!

10:41 pm, July 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home